Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 1 decade ago

what method does iowa use to make money?

I am doing a project and I need to know how most people in Iowa make money. This is the instructions on the project

"List the way your state(Iowa) makes the majoirty of its money.

Tbh I cant find it at all on the internet. Does anyone know?

Best Answer

I can't tell from your question whether you want to know how the state raises money or how individuals in Iowa earn money.

If it's the former, most of the state revenue comes from a variety of taxes (such as income taxes, sales taxes, taxes on corporations, gasoline, cigarettes, gambling, etc) and from fees charged by the state.

If your question is the latter, most individuals in Iowa work for someone else - either for a private or a public employer. The rest of the working population own & operate their own businesses and work for themselves.

• St N

Lets reword the question so you may understand it better.

"What is the main method your state (Iowa) uses to generate the revenue it needs to pay it's bills."

States do not make money. They have to obtain it from some other source. Only nations print money which is why all 50 states have the same currency. Common methods of generating revenue for states are taxation, fees, lotteries, transfer payments from the Federal government and possibly donations.

Which is the most common in Iowa?

I do not know, but it seems that many places with apparently little industry do quite well out of tourism. Worth checking out ? An example in England ( I am English so no no offence meant to other Brits ) would be Stratford on Avon .

• Susan

abortions are not free. however, you could get one at lower cost if you go to planned parenthood. they will charge on a sliding scale if you cannot afford the procedure. good luck with your choice and don't let the lifers upset you. they like to think they have the right to tell others what they can and cannot do.

i don't like you