To those parents that have quit smoking?

I’d like to ask those of you who used to smoke, how did you quit? Also, what time frame did you find to be the hardest? The first few days? Weeks? Months? My husband has decided to quit smoking because the cost of cigarettes has gone up and it’s almost $5 a pack. I know that’s not as much as some other areas... show more I’d like to ask those of you who used to smoke, how did you quit? Also, what time frame did you find to be the hardest? The first few days? Weeks? Months?

My husband has decided to quit smoking because the cost of cigarettes has gone up and it’s almost $5 a pack. I know that’s not as much as some other areas but it used to be about $3.50 and with him smoking about a pack a day (give or take) it’s certainly added up! He also is 30 yrs old and wants to be as healthy as he can for when our 2 yr old son grows up and gets more active.

So I’d like to ask those of you that have quit:

What is your inspiration/motivation to quit?

How did you quit? (Cold turkey, the patch, the pill?)

How long did it take you to be “okay” with not having a cigarette? As in being around others who DO smoke?

And anything else you might want to add about quitting??
Update: My mother used Chantix and it’s mega expensive. (My opinion) But she said she got pretty bad headaches from it too! He just bought the patch which isn’t quite cheap either ($50 for 2 wk supply). But he’s been using it. He got past week 1. And we went to a party the other night where EVERYONE smoked and he never... show more My mother used Chantix and it’s mega expensive. (My opinion) But she said she got pretty bad headaches from it too! He just bought the patch which isn’t quite cheap either ($50 for 2 wk supply). But he’s been using it.

He got past week 1. And we went to a party the other night where EVERYONE smoked and he never wanted one. AND they were drinking, which usually you drink and want to smoke, and he was okay.

I know it’s only been a week, but I’m curious if that’s the worst part or if he still has tough roads ahead??
Update 2: I’ve been very supportive as I’ve always hated the smell. I’m a nonsmoker and I think it stinks! BUT, the fact that I’ve been telling him he’s sexy without a cigarette just puts a smile on his face. LOL. I like the way he smells as a nonsmoker! And hey, if that works as encouragement for him, by all means! LOL!