Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
- CHUNG MLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
Stay healthy and cut back fatty food with our sensible low-fat diet food list.
High-fat diets are linked to many health problems, including high blood cholesterol and obesity. Cut back on fat with the following handy food lists:
High-Fat Foods to Avoid
1. Fried foods including french fries, fried nuggets and fried chips. These are cooked by deep frying, whereby the food is submerged in hot oil or fat. In other words, they soaked with oil.
2. Mayonnaise, thousand island dressing, cream sauce, hollandaise sauce. Go easy on high fat salad dressings. Just 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise, for example, contains 5 grams of fat!
3. Confectionery. Food items that are rich in sugar - such as sweets, candy bars, chocolates, desserts, ice-cream and jam spreads.
4. Whole-fat animal products such as butter, full-cream milk and cheeses. 100g of whole milk, for example, has 3.5 grams of fat while skimmed milk contains just 0.3 gram. So substitute your dairy with low-fat and skimmed versions wherever possible.
5. Processed meat such as sausages, salted pork products, bacons and luncheon meat are typically made from the fatty animal parts, and they loaded with high amounts of sodium.
6. Cakes, cookies, doughnuts. With butter, eggs, sugar and wheat as their main ingredients, these sweet pastries and snacks are rich in sugar and fat.
Low-Fat Foods to Get
1. Whole grains and cereals including wheat, barley, rice, oats and maize are very low in fat. Whole grains such as whole wheat, rolled oats and brown rice, in particular, have more fiber and will keep you full longer.
2. Bread and dough are generally low in fat, with the exception of butter-enriched bread, cake doughs and croissants.
3. Low-fat dairy. For dairy goodness, try low-fat milk, cheese, yogurt or yogurt drinks.
2009-05-06 23:09:56 補充：
4. Fruits and vegetables are naturally fat-free. They're high in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to boost your health and immune system.
2009-05-06 23:10:21 補充：
5. White meat. Go for fresh, lean meat such as chicken. Buy skinless meat or trim the visible fats before cooking. White meat without the skin makes a healthy choice for a rich source of protein minus the fat and cholesterol.
2009-05-06 23:10:56 補充：
6. Healthier Oils. Fat is essential for health, so even while cutting back on fat and saturated fat, you should still ensure that 30% of your diet consists of fat.
2009-05-06 23:11:27 補充：
However, instead of saturated animal fat sources, make a healthier choice by using monounsaturated and polyunsaturated oils e.g. olive oil, safflower oil, canola oil, sunflower oil or flax seed oil for cooking instead.