Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Movies as funny as mean girls?

I think mean girls is sooo funny. I guess I like laughing at what people do. I couldn't stop laughing. It's just so extremely funny. Like the girl karen just acted dumb and it made me laugh so hard. And the mom was all stupid and it made me laugh so much.

But I haven't really seen any other movies that are really as funny as it. I've kinda got sick of "comedy" movies cuz I don't think they're very funny.

Like superbad, knocked up, pineapple express... and 40 year old virgin. They were just dumb and I didn't even laugh much.

I don't know what kind of humor mean girls is but I want to know of more movies that are like it. Is there a website I can go to that has movies that are similar to other movies?

THank you in advance

Update:

Oh and I really like Scary movies.. Not literally lol. But like scary movie 1 and 2. But I don't like it that much though cuz there's not that much of a story to it. And sometimes it's just dumb.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

OH! I RECOMMEND The House Bunny!

you will absolutely LOVE it if you liked Mean Girls!

Netflix is the closest to a website that will recommend you movies in that same genre. Sometimes it's not that accurate, even if you've rated a bunch of movies. But really word of mouth will be the best way.

Rent the House Bunny, you won't be disappointed!

• The Hot Chick is similar to Mean Girls.

Other movies like that:

Clueless

Pretty in Pink

Heathers

Jawbreaker

.....but these aren't really that funny like Mean Girls was...

maybe you like Tina Fey's humor:

Baby Mama

other similar movies:

Never Been Kissed

Bring It On

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Slap Her, She's French

American Pie

Saved!

Can't Buy Me Love

John Tucker Must Die

Valley Girl

Frankie and Hazel

Daria: Is It Fall Yet?

She's All That

The actress that plays Karen is also in Alpha Dog and Mamma Mia

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

These movies have the same kind of humor and feel that Mean Girls has, IMO:

Election (1999)

Clueless (1995)

Heathers (1988)

Jawbreaker (1999)

Sugar & Spice (2001)

There are others, I'm sure. I agree with you on all those newer comedies you mentioned. The humor is just really stupid and they're all severely overrated. Honestly, I didn't laugh once at any of them.

Anyway, hope that helps!! :)

• 1 decade ago

Oh my God, that reminds me of this one time, at band camp, we were supposed to watch a musical at night, but we were, like, totally sick of musicals, you know? So we snuck on over to the band directors cabin? And we stole some of his private movies, you know? And at band camp the cabins are really thin? So we had to run really quietly past the sting section? Cause they're all snobs. And when we finally got it back to the all-purpose room and put it in? It was movie of people BONING!! It was sooo gross. We just started laughing and laughing, and it was soo funny!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I also thought pineapple express and everything else you named of was pointless.

Eurotrip is definitely a fun and funny one.

• 1 decade ago

rush hour NORBIT BEST

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.