Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Is it normal 2 feel sad 4 no reason?

Idk what's wrong with me. 1 moment I'm happy and then I get sad 4 no reason. I feel sad like everyday and I want 2 cry but I don't because my parents will think its because im wearing black. Even b4 I wore black I stil felt very sad. I don't know y.

Favorite Answer

As a mental health professional with 20+ years experience, now retired, I can tell you that the reasons for someone's emotions to fluctuate are so many that what you call "no reason" is simply one you're not aware of. It can be an increase in the humidity in the air, or some little sensual stimuli that you do not recognize that triggers an emotional / mental recollection which causes a change in how you feel, or simply a body chemistry recollection that returns you to a previous emotional state. It takes serious cognitive intervention in order to control one's emotions, whether they come about by some small but impactful recollection or some new stimuli which brings on an emotional state. God Bless you.

are you a teenager? a lot of teenagers experience mood swings like this and it doesn't necessarily mean anything bad. however if you find yourself thinking about dying or wanting to kill or hurt yourself, you need to talk to a counselor and consider medication. try getting involved in a sport or some other activity to help keep you busy and keep your mood up.

You've developed some form of clinical depression. This is normal, happens to most people at least once. This is due to a chemical imbalance in your brain; so you a\can't just snap out of it. You sound young, I think you should go and talk to a councellor.

There's probably a reason. I'm not saying you don't understand your own feelings, but I bet there's something you're avoiding. I think you're probably depressed. Try to find out why.

• Well it could be depression but it just more likely it could be (well if your a teenager ) normal teenage hormones. Feel better.

it could be something with your brain

or you have emotional distress

im not sure alot

hope i helped

you are depressed