Do you know anything that makes soft white noise for a child's room?

I am looking for something that it has a background noise for my kid's room. I had a purifier in his room before and he was not waking up at night for pee-pee. Since the purifier broke, his room is being so quite. My husband and I like to watch TV and run the dishwasher at night. Also, his room is very close to the kitchen and shares a wall with the living room so I tried to test the noise from the TV but I do not hear anything from his room so the other thing it could be the dishwasher waking him up when it is running or after it is off. Do you know anything affordable that I can use to cover some noise? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Turn the radio low and in between stations to static.

I ordered a white noise machine off Amazon. It's very small beige and round. It gives the sound of rushing wind w/o the wind. It was about $40.00 but worth every penny. They have a cheaper model but I liked this one because it has more volume options. I love this machine!

A ceiling fan! You can get a very inexpensive one, and they are easy to install.

Get a CD player or MP3 player for his room. You can play lullaby CDs and/or nature sounds, such as waterfall or waves. They also make sound machines.

Those are the best I can suggest. We never tried to keep everything quiet for our children, or block out noises and as a result they sleep very well. The two options above, though, are very affordable and will work.

Source(s): Common sense and research Personal experience and opinion Mom of three!

A fan would work, but make sure it's not pointed directly on him. If it is, it can make his nose stuffy or give him a sore throat.

My niece is 4 and her mom lets her have a radio on at night with the volume way down. It's not very loud at all (can't hear it across the room), but it is near her head and soothes her.

My daughter has slept with a sound machine from Homedics. I bought it from CVS drugstore and it was about $15-$20. It has many settings and a volume control. one of the settings is actually called "White noise". I love it and so does she!

we use a small stationary fan for my daughter's room. it works perfectly..we can even have her bedroom door open (it connects off the kitchen) and run the dishwasher, and she doesn't wake up...

We have this alarm clock that has "spa" sounds for my 5 year old. There is rain, crickets, thunder, summer nights, and a few other choices. We actually got it at CVS for like $30. It's great-- we had crickets all winter long. :)

• Josh B

I can only suggest that you don't run the dishwasher until you wake up in the morning.

I use a humidifier for soft white noise. My daughter doesn't need it anymore, but I turn it on every night.

Try a box fan or play soft music for him.

fan