Em asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Can anyone tell me what this movie is called?

I can't be very specific but I really want to know what movie this is.

I first saw it on Animal Planet a while back so my memory is vague.

~a guy kidnaps the children of the people he thought were responsible for his daughter's death

~he gives them eight hours to find those children because his daughter was eight years old when she died in a fire

~this woman and her dog (search and rescue dog) try to find the people even though they are told not to

~her dog is killed and she just kinda sits at home

~she starts training her other dog and then they go out and try to find the bad guy and the other children he kidnaps

~in the end the bad guy gets killed and the woman falls in love with this other guy

I wish I could remember more, but I don't have the greatest memory...

Please, if you have any ideas, please share and please try to include the like to a Wikipedia page for that movie.

Thanks!

Oh, and I saw the movie just after the movie Ghost Cat was on a while ago on Animal Planet.

Favorite Answer

Scent of Danger (2002 TV movie)

aka Scent of Murder

starring Sherilyn Fenn, Costas Mandylor, Emma Campbell, James McGowan

IMDb synopsis:

FBI Agent Carol Blue was unwilling to take local help in the case of the kidnapping of little Zoe Hendricks, but ex-cop Chris Milos' private investigation bureau proves just too good. His dog handler, Brenna Shaw, and her Alsatian, Brie, find the kidnapper holding Zoe. He drops the child in the water on purpose so that he can escape. They soon conclude it is not a ransom case but more personal after they are contacted by him under the name Gideon~a biblical judge~and get caught up in his macabre, vindictive games and gruesome logic.

IMDb review: ***SPOILERS***

Rescue dog handler Brenna Shaw, together with her search and rescue dog Brie, encounters a dangerous lunatic as he is trying to escape with a kidnap victim. He abandons the girl in a stream, buying time for his getaway. Now, he's back, calling himself Gideon. After kidnapping another child, he sets a booby trap for Brie to sniff out, killing the animal. With her best friend gone, Brenna decides to quit the rescue agency. When her boss, ex-Boston cop Chris Milos, and FBI Agent Carol Blue plead with Brenna to get back on the case of kidnapped children, Brenna reluctantly goes back to work. Clues that Brenna soon comes up with through Gideon's cryptic E-mails to her, bring out the true nature of and reasons for his crimes. Ivan Merrick aka Gideon kidnapped and, in some cases, murdered 5-year-old girls as an act of personal revenge. They soon realize that he has a hit-list of people who were involved in the death of his own 5-year-old daughter in a house fire in Philadelphia.