NY, SWINE FLU INFORMATION?

does anyone know anymore information about the cases in NY? like are the people sick with swine flu? or have they recovered? I want to know just because there one state away from my state. I am not worrying but I just want to watch and track how this flu moves! thanks!

Well stay safe! Well honestly everyone stay safe!

I am not worrying about catching it...

• Favorite Answer

They are still ill. Over 100 students, and their family members are ill with the flu at that school. Thus far only 8 of them have been confirmed to have the swine flu.

However since they just got back from a trip to Mexico, it would be "safe" to say that probably all of them have the swine flu.

It doesn't matter anymore. It's already a pandemic at its earliest stages.

The swine flu has now been confirmed in New Zealand, Spain, France, Israel, and Hong Kong.

Too late for control via quarantine, it's already worldwide.

People in the U.S.A. are still responding favorably to antibiotics. This is a killer flu, however. It is killing healthy young adults in Mexico. Most of the time the flu only kills babies, and the elderly.

You probably do not have too much to worry about over the summer. This flu should die down rather quickly. It's when all the students return to school next Autumn that you need to be VERY concerned.

It takes AT LEAST 6 months to make a new flu vaccine. There is only 5 months before the majority of students return to school next Autumn. No chance at all of vaccinating the majority of students.

It's next Autumn that you need to worry about. Summer is almost here. People sick with the flu will soon be staying home (especially students), so they will no longer be spreading it. When they go back to school though......!!!!!!

~Garnet

Permcaculture homesteading/farming over 20 years

Worked in the medical field over 15 years

My previous classmates and friends go to Francis Lewis..Its a high school where some kids have gotten the swine flu

http://news.aol.com/article/swine-flu-outbreak/449...

They didn't go to school on Monday and Tuesday..Mostly all kids had check-ups and a hundred went to the hospital..

I live in Ny ...but dont go to that school..our school doesn't make a big deal of it..b/c i dont think that anyone has it .. But you never know b/c many kids traveled to Mexico over the Spring Break.. and could have caught it there..

2 people in new york city have caught the swine flu, but they were very mild cases and are recovering now.

only about an estimate of 12 people in the entire world get the swine flu a year.

It is highly unklikely for a human to catch the swine flu.

I is a pig virus.

And if a human does catch it, it has the same effects as the regular flu.

There is no reason to worry about catching it

Track it here: http://www.cdc.gov/

There is also info on outbreaks and symptoms.

idk but i live in new york lol