IQ test result 160+, is it correct?

I am a 13 year old girl, and I recently sat an IQ test and a practise quiz on Mensa. On the IQ test, I got a result of 160+ (it could only go up to 160) and on the Mensa quiz, it said I could qualify for Mensa. I'm not sure if I believe these, although I am a very smart kid (I am supposed to be going into top classes for everything for my third year subject choices, and have been told by my teachers for the past nine years that I am a extremely bright student). I find it hard to believe that I am part of the 2% of the populations who's IQ is above 160, which is why I doubt the answer. If you could recommend an free online test that gives an accurate answer, that would be a great help. Thank you!

Update:

The test I sat was not an online one, it was a small pack of folded cards with questions, and you had to answer in 30 minutes.

Update 2:

I understand online tests are not that accurate

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Eric
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I have very similar results, (160-180 on online tests, and MENSA practice exam said I was qualified). I recently took a professional test administered by a psychologist and got a 142. So, it is likely that you have a close score to mine (135-150, probably around 140).

Einstein, Hawkings, and Bill Gates all were thought to have IQ's of about 160. I doubt either of us is as intelligent as them.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

First of all the whole IQ system was developed in 1904, and many dispute whether it actually has any bearing on a persons intelligence.

Second, your IQ stays the same no matter what age you are. I was tested at age 8, 15, and 25 with the same results ranging between 160-170, but the test must be done by a professional (not online) because the tests factor in much more than just your answers, but also your demographics and other current statistics.

If you really want to know, arrange to take a formal test through Mensa. I was a member and enjoyed their activities, but do yourself a favor and don't go around telling people what your IQ is...it always rubs people the wrong way, and probably means nothing at all (other than you may have a higher potential for intelligence with a proper education and training).

• Angela
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Psychometrically speaking, your IQ is your (Mental age / Physical age) times 100. The distribution is your typical bell curve. In this distribution, 147 is in the 99th percentile (i.e. pretty damn good). The unfortunate thing is that you most likely don't have the mental age of 22 -- although it certainly is possible! An IQ test done on the internet, for free, without a proctor, is not very reliable. To get a truer score, you would have to take the test in person, with a professional right there scoring you. At any rate, IQs really don't mean much. I wouldn't sweat it too much if I were you. :)

• DC
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I would trust the Mensa test more than I would an online test on the internet. If you really want an accurate test ask your guidance counselor at school for advice on testing. They will have the most accurate information.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Online tests are not accurate so there is no point doing any of them.

If you sat a proper test and it says that your IQ is 160 then just be proud!

• 5 years ago

got 166 tonight the questions were manageable hehe

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well, from what you say it seems your clever and I don't understand why you don't believe that your so cleaver!

But, you are right try more quizzes to make sure that there were no errors

Try:

http://www.iqtest.com/

http://www.free-iqtest.net/

http://www.3smartcubes.com/

Hope i helped! email me for more help!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.