What DSLR Should i buy ...Choices.. Canon 450d Or Canon 40d Or Nikon D80 ?

I'm a beginner, but i want a advance/pro camera..? Give me your Opinions,why should i get that camera.

Favorite Answer

Stick to the cheaper entry level DSLR's like the 450D or 1000D or the Nikon D40 or D60. I have a few reasons for telling you this.

1. The entry level cameras will do everything you need and then some. If you don't know how to use the camera manually then you would not appreciate the differences between them. Image quality will be virtually identical.

2. The camera body doesn't really matter that much. What matters is lenses. You will want more than one good quality lens and they are not cheap. You can easily spend as much or more for a lens than the camera costs. Put as much of your money as possible into your lenses. Lenses will also last a lifetime.

3. As you are a beginner it will take you several years of trial and error to be able to competently operate your camera in the manual mode. By the time you learn and understand how to operate your camera it will be obsolete. Get the cheaper camera, invest in some good lenses, and learn how to use it to its potential. After a couple of years you and your camera will be ready for an upgrade. Then you can buy the higher level camera. You will still have your good lenses to use with it.

The Canon 400D and the Nikon D80 at least compete with each other, but the Nikon D200 is in a different class (in price AND features). Some of the things the D200 offers over the two other models are 5 fps vs. 3, a rugged metal construction vs. plastic, weather sealing, a shutter that's rated for 100,000 actuations vs. 50,000, faster AF, and the list goes on. If you want to compare the D200 with a Canon model, look up the 30D (still inferior but also cheaper) or perhaps even the 5D (better image quality, less features, substantially more expensive). I bought a Nikon D200 before either the D80 or the 400D were announced, and given the choice now I'd still get the D200. But that's me. If you have the budget but don't need the extra features of the D200, spend the extra cash on more/ better lenses for a 400D / D80. Between the Canon 400D and the Nikon D80, I'd get the D80. The Canon offers a built-in dust reduction system and better image quality at ISO values > 800, but the Nikon is a better all-round camera and has a bigger viewfinder (quite important, actually). Both brands have a fantastic range of lenses and accessories for about the same prices, so that needn't be a concern.

if you're beginner. stick to nikon d40.

cheap and good quality.