Has partisanship eroded American Values?

25 years ago, I really do not believe that many Americans would have defended torture for any reason on any level, party notwithstanding. Much Blood has been spilled(including mine,my Fathers and his Fathers) in defense of our Constitution,our values and our Democracy The thought that we could compromise them so... show more 25 years ago, I really do not believe that many Americans would have defended torture for any reason on any level, party notwithstanding.
Much Blood has been spilled(including mine,my Fathers and his Fathers) in defense of our Constitution,our values and our Democracy The thought that we could compromise them so easily burns me up deep inside.
We defeated Hitler, the Soviet Union and many,many more real characters without torture. How can we let all that came before us down, by defending this behavior now.

BTW I do not care about Party on this issue.
Update: Good hank- you should value the sentimate not the person offering it.