I suffer from drying and splitting of my foreskin, can this be fixed easily?

for the last 6-8 months or so when I pull my foreskin back over my penis, the end of it often splits and is very painful, it affects my sex life as sometimes it bleeds quite profusely and is too painful to have sex with my wife. I have tried rubbing moisturizing cream into it, and it helps a little, but not... show more for the last 6-8 months or so when I pull my foreskin back over my penis, the end of it often splits and is very painful, it affects my sex life as sometimes it bleeds quite profusely and is too painful to have sex with my wife. I have tried rubbing moisturizing cream into it, and it helps a little, but not completely. What causes this? Is it common? and if so, is there anything I can do about it to fix it permanentl? I guess circumcision would solve the problem, but I have heard that adult circumcision can cause other issues.I would greatly appreciate some help here.