Malyasia question.... ..?

i'm half malaysian, but i don't know much about my malaysian history since i grew up in canada, and can someone tell me about malaysia and its culture and its past events history. (no linkz please unless its really useful, don't send me wikipedia..)

Favorite Answer

A guy named Parameswara came to Melaka from Indonesia and developed it to a kingdom.

Few hundred years ago, Melaka, Pahang, Johor, Terrengganu was a kingdom.

Few hundred years ago also, British, Portugese, Dutch and Japanese conquered Malaysia.

Finally, Malaysia gained Independence on 31 Aug 1957, it was named Malaya after independence.

Singapore, Sarawak, Sabah joined Malaya in 1963 and it was called Malaysia.

Shortly after in 1965, Singapore gained independence from Malaysia.

-Past Events-

May 13 1969, Racial Riot

Mar 3 2008, Dominating political party for 50 years lost for the first time.

November every year, MEGA SALES

Hey there...I'm half malaysian too! And growing up in southern california :)

I can't really tell you much about the history, because I don't know much myself. Basically, Malaysia was colonized in the 1800s by Britain. After a long time, Malaysia finally waged war with Britain for their Independence. (August 31, 196?) Malaysia is now ruled with a constitutional monarchy.

Culture- Malaysia has a lottt of culturee! Many of it was influenced by Islam (national religion of country), and there is an awesome fusion between modern and traditional. The Malaysian Petronas Twin Towers is an example~the twin towers' base is built on four overlaying squares, to make 16 sides, to represent the four rivers in Heaven (Islamic belief). The suspension bridge faces Makkah.

As for food, there's a lot of coconut and spice. Rice is the staple diet, and the food is very similar to thai food. Traditional clothing is very bright, colorful, and BEAUTIFUL!!!!

hope that gave u some insight :)

i am not confused. as Sabahan I know I am Malaysian but many Malaysians forget that Sabah and Sarawak are not just some far away colonies, but two big states on Malaysian Borneo. In fact more than half of Malaysia is on Borneo... and we don't live in trees (or caves), though there are many areas where people live in longhouses and used to cut off peoples heads more or less for the sport of it. yep, and we know how to throw a good party and drink lots of rice wine. for the rest go to wikipedia, it gives you a good historical background, really. or to un-wikipedia, which gives you an even better present-day cultural back ground

Malaysia Independat from Britain in 1957 now we are rulling by a coalition GOVT , we have multi race like malay 60% Chinese 25% Indian 8% and native 6% and other

• yOoSH

hello there.. im malaysian.. currently living in kuala lumpur.. what can i tell u about malaysia.. its a very nice country.. multi racial and so many beautiful and nice things that i can say.. but, maybe u can search around.. maybe tourism malaysia website can give some useful information.. but hey, i'm proud to be a malaysian.. :)

sorry...im confused too..

im half caveman..