Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Know any books like these?

These are most of the books that I own, I love them all, know anything like them?

Tantalize – Cynthia Leitch Smith

Dark Hours – Gurdun Pausewang

Three Million Acres of Flame – Valerie Sherrard

Red Rage – Brigitte Blobel

Goddess of the Night – Lynne Ewing

Fendi, Ferragamo, and Fangs – Julie Kenner, Johanna Edwards, Serena Robar

The Other Ones –

Go Ask Alice – Anonymous

Cut – Patricia McCormick

Home Child – Barbara Haworth-Attard

Flying Geese – ``

The Seer Series – Linda Joy Singelton

The Guests of War Series – Kit Pearson

Shattered Mirror – Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Stones – William Bell

The Wereling – Stephen Cole

Irish Chain – Barbara Haworth-Attard

The Morganville Vampires Series – Rachel Caine

The Blood Ties Series – Jennifer Armintrout

The Twilight Series – Stephanie Meyer

Night World 1 & 2 – L.J. Smith

The Vampire Diaries – L.J. Smith

The Blue Bloods Series – Melissa de la Cruz

Bloodline 1 & 2 – Kate Cary

The Jemma Doyle Trilogy – Libba Bray

The Luxe Series – Anna Godbersen

The House of Night Series – P.C. and Kristin Cast

The Seven Deadly Sins Series – Robin Wasserman

The Mortal Instruments Series – Cassandra Clare

The Confessions of Georgia Nicolson – Louise Rennison

Evernight – Claudia Gray

Ghostgirl – Tonya Hurley

Wicked Lovely & Ink Exchange – Melissa Marr

The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl – Barry Lyga

Aurelia – Anne Osterlund

Powers – Deborah Lynn Jacobs

Invisible Monsters – Chuck Palahniuk

Thicker Than Water – Carla Jablonski

The Moth Diaries – Rachel Klein

A Northern Light – Jennifer Donnelly

AngelMonster – Veronica Bennett

King Dork – Frank Portman

Incantation – Alice Hoffman

The Silver Kiss – Annette Curtis Klause

Flesh and Bones – Alan Durant

Bad Blood – Rhiannon Lassiter

47 – Walter Mosley

The Secret Countess – Eva Ibboston

Beautiful City of the Dead – Leander Watts

Tithe – Holly Black

Blood and Chocolate – Annette Curtis Klause

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Haha. That totally looks like my library. Heres some you don't have.

The Hunger Games- Suzanne Collins

-Life in District 12 isn't easy for Katniss and her family. Ever since her father died the girl has spent her time saving her mother and little sister Prim from starvation by hunting on forbidden land. But worst of all is reaping day. Once a year the government chooses two children from each of the twelve districts to compete against one another in a live and televised reality show. Twenty-four kids and teens enter, and only one survives. When Prim's name is called, Katniss exchanges herself without hesitation to compete alongside the baker's boy Peeta. To survive in this game you need to win the heart of your audience, and so District 12's trainers come up with a plan. Why not make it as if Peeta and Katniss were in love with one another? But in a game where only one person can live, Katniss will have to use all her brains, wits, and instincts to determine who to trust and how to outwit the game's creators.

Wicked (This is not Wicked Lovely)- Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie

-Holly Cathers's world shatters when her parents are killed in a terrible accident. Wrenched from her home in San Francisco, she is sent to Seattle to live with her relatives, Aunt Marie-Claire and her twin cousins, Amanda and Nicole. In her new home, Holly's sorrow and grief soon give way to bewilderment at the strange incidents going on around her. Such as how any wish she whispers to her cat seems to come true. Or the way a friend is injured after a freak attack from a vicious falcon. And there's the undeniable, magnetic attraction to a boy Holly barely knows. Holly, Amanda, and Nicole are about to be launced into a dark legacy of witches, secrets, and alliances, where ancient magics yield dangerous results. The girls will assume their roles in an intergenerational feud beyond their wildest imaginations...and in doing so, will attempt to fulfill their shared destiny.

Graceling- Kristin Cashore

-Graceling takes readers inside the world of Katsa, a warrior-girl in her late teens with one blue eye and one green eye. This gives her haunting beauty, but also marks her as a Graceling. Gracelings are beings with special talents—swimming, storytelling, dancing. Katsa's Grace is considered more useful: her ability to fight (and kill, if she wanted to) is unequaled in the seven kingdoms. Forced to act as a henchman for a manipulative king, Katsa channels her guilt by forming a secret council of like-minded citizens who carry out secret missions to promote justice over cruelty and abuses of power. Combining elements of fantasy and romance, Cashore skillfully portrays the confusion, discovery, and angst that smart, strong-willed girls experience as they creep toward adulthood. Katsa wrestles with questions of freedom, truth, and knowing when to rely on a friend for help. This is no small task for an angry girl who had eschewed friendships (with the exception of one cousin that she trusts) for her more ready skills of self-reliance, hunting, and fighting. Katsa also comes to know the real power of her Grace and the nature of Graces in general: they are not always what they appear to be.

The Abhorsen Trilogy- Garth Nix

-Since childhood, Sabriel has lived outside the walls of the Old Kingdom, away from the random power of Free Magic, and away from the Dead who refuse to stay dead. But now her father, the Charter-Mage Abhorsen, is missing, and to find him Sabriel must cross back into that world. With Mogget, whose feline form hides a powerful, perhaps malevolent spirit, and Touchstone, a young Charter Mage, Sabriel travels deep into the Old Kingdom. There, she confronts an evil that threatens much more than her life - and comes face-to-face with her own hidden destiny.

Others to consider:

Beka Cooper: The Provost's Dog Series- Tamora Pierce

Inkheart Trilogy- Cornelia Funke

Pendragon Series- D.J. MacHale

Vampire Academy- Richelle Mea

Wake- Lisa McMann

Source(s): I thought I was the only one that liked to buy all my books. Everyone thinks I'm crazy because of all the money I spend on them.
  • 4 years ago

Life in the Fat Lane- Cherie Bennett (check that) Anything by Chris Crutcher, but in particular: Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes, Stotan Places I Never Meant to Be (a collection of short stories) Jacob Have I Loved Catalyst- Laurie Halse Anderson

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Read books by Ann Rice. The Vampire Chronicals to be specific but, she's got some other good ones too. And the original horror Frankenstien by Mary Shelly. Trust me, it's alot cooler than you think :O)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.