What are some good ab exercises?

I'm really skinny and I really don't have any fat in the abdomen area, but I'm trying to get my abs defined. A lot of the articles for ab exercises I'm seeing have things like "fat loss tips for great abs". Since I don't need to lose fat, I'm wondering if I need to do different kinds of exercises than what those articles are suggesting.

I'm also doing cardio exercises. Should I do ab exercises before or after I do cardio? Or should I do them at completely separate times?

• ny
    Favorite Answer

they say so, because you do have fat on top of your abs, you just do not need to lose it anywhere else. Or little flab.

jogging is an excellent exercise because it let you tone throughout your whole body. If you want to tone in

specific areas, you should target them with exercises. If they are

your problem areas, they will be very difficult to tone. You will have

to work double on them. The best approach is this:

1. Lower/control your daily calorie intake (control for normal

weight, lower for overweight).

2. Run/jog to lower your overall body fat percentage.

3. Target your problem areas with exercises.

an excellent exercise, you can do it in front of your TV: sit on a

stool, and put your toes under something (piece of heavy furniture,

for example). In your hands hold a little dumbbell. Please, make sure

that it is not very heavy, start with one kilo, for example, or you

will damage your back and spine! Slowly move the upper part of your

body back, until it's parallel with the ground. Stop for a second and

move it back to the sitting position. Repeat ten times. Every week add

to the number of repetitions. You will see the results in a week,

guaranteed! You will see or feel under the fat - if you have any - six

pack and muscles. Dumbbells do wonders. Much better than these

crunches - I came up to three hundreds and there was no results AT

ALL. With the dumbbells you will see it in a week.

Yes, as you indirectly said ab exercises do not reduce your belly fat. To develop your ab muscles work them all, upper, lower and obliques. You might consider doing your exercise with some resistance like holding some weight at chest level when doing sit ups or crunches and some weight around your feet for leg raises. As for the exercises sit ups or crunches maybe on an incline for the upper abs. Leg raises or scissors for the lower abs (knees bent if your back is not able for straight legs). If you have the option of letting your legs dangle with upper body propped up and then raise your knees to your chest that's a good one (I can't do straight leg but if you can go for it).. If you want some variety you can try using a stability ball. Passing it from your ankles to your hands and back again is good. There are loads of variations using a stability ball. Also lying on your side and crunching shoulder to hip for the obliques. Doing bicycles opposite elbow across to other knee is good. Try to have your hands at your temples. Its usually not a good idea to clasp your hands behind you head as you can strain your neck. You might want to work your back a bit for a break and to keep it in good form. Try to bend your body in controlled motions not jerky and DON'T FORGET TO BREATHE. Good luck

Do crunchers and sit-ups with your routine. See, some people don't realize, crunchers widen you a little at the waist, and the sit-ups will keep your stomache flat. Makes you have more curves, believe me I know, I'm not just a client, I'm the president of the club, Smile. Have a great day.

these are very good excersizes for your abs both upper and lower abs do dis everyday your stomach will look very fine

For the lower abs, in increasing order of difficulty:

* lying leg raises

* reverse crunches

* vertical lying leg thrusts

* hanging knee raises

* hanging leg raises

For the upper abs:

* ab crunches

* 1/4 crunches

* cross-knee crunches

* pulldown crunches

this is what my bro said.(he has a 6 pack so i think it'll work)

what to do: do 30 sit ups a day.

about how long: about a month

Source(s): me/my brother

pull ups and jack nifes

Source(s): have a six pack