Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

is Kerry washingtn Spanish?

Update:

wtf... 1st of all pinky aint nobody say i was white... im black and you SERIOUSLY need a reality check.. i asked a simple question and appearently i got an answer from a simple person... so EXCUSE me for not knowing every celebs backround check... daym...

Update 2:

to: glocktwe... thank you for that normal answer...and BTW, i asked this question cuz i'v just seen Our Song and it made me wonder...

Update 3:

AND ANOTHER THING PINKY...EAST COAST ALL DAY... DANG GURL YOU JUST REALLY PUSHED A BUTTON... I COULD GO ON AND ON ABOUT YOU...

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Kerry Washington is not Latin, but the neighborhood where she grew up in New York had a lot of Spanish speaking people there.

That is why she can speak some Spanish and portrays the culture well in some of her early performances.

If you haven't already, check out a movie she did called "Our Song" from back in 2000.

• Choc1
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

No, she's not from Spain.

*Did you mean Hispanic? You must be from the East Coast because you guys constantly call Hispanics, Spanish.

edit: Pinky she never said Spanish was a race.

edit: Pinky, I know you didn't ask for my two cents...anyway, I gave it to you. Don't take it personal, you have a reputation for calling folks out and I doubt they asked for your 2 cents.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have been to Spain and Kerry Washington would racially stick out like a sore thumb there.

• 1 decade ago

No, Spanish people are from Spain, now you could be asking is she Hispanic/Latino?, and the answer to that is no.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Only people with the last name Washington in the U.S. are George, Martha, and African Americans...The answer is no...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.