can you please explain this bible verse for me the verse is hosea 6:1-2?

Update:

come,and let us return to the lord for he has torn but he will heal us he has stricken but he will bind us up after two days he will revive us on the third day he will raise us up that we may live in his sight

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

In the final verse of the previous chapter, read how the Lord foreknew that the people - in their dire straits - would seek Him.(see Hosea 5:15) Here is insight into why the Lord allows tribulation to affect nations - even individuals.

The people were turning back to the LORD, away from false gods and the world for their help. While their only help - and real hope - was the Lord of hosts. After the many afflictions, they seemed to unite as a people in their return.(6:1)

Israel was 'torn' and 'smitten' by invading nations, but the people knew that it was the LORD who allowed such afflictions to occur, for their own good. '...in their distress, they will earnestly seek Me' - so they returned.(5:15) The LORD healed them and bandaged their wounds.(6:1)

I suspect that you may have asked your question, in particular, for the messianic implications of 6:2.

First of all, in 2 Peter 3:8, we learn how: 'With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.'

Then we read in 6:2: 'After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence.'

The question still remains: if that 'two days' actually converts to 2000 years, when has or when will that 'third day' start? There are various interpretations...

• 1 decade ago

6:1-3—Who was saying: “Come, you people, and do let us return to Jehovah”? Unfaithful Israelites may have been encouraging one another to return to Jehovah. If this is so, they were simply pretending to repent. Their loving-kindness was as brief and fleeting as “the morning clouds and . . . the dew that early goes away.” (Hosea 6:4) On the other hand, the speaker could have been Hosea pleading with the people to come back to Jehovah. Whatever the case, the wayward inhabitants of the ten-tribe kingdom of Israel needed to display genuine repentance and really return to Jehovah.

• 1 decade ago

Hosea 6:1-2

1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up. 2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This is a Prophecy foretelling what Messiah will do after he die, where that spirit went and what it was doing.

1Pe 3:19 -

By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

The fulfillment is this:

Mt 27:52 -

And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

Now he revive them for two days and raised them up with him the 3rd. day. They lived and reigned with him that ONE day which is as a 1000 yrs. in his sight.

2Pe 3:8 -

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Re 20:4 -

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Juce

Source(s): Scripture
  • digman
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

The connection with the trinity would not certainly exist interior the bible... certainly it would yet whilst it does, then I neglected it thoroughly. The term is merely to simplify the unexplainible fact that there is merely one God yet God the daddy, God the Son and God the holy spirit are all one. So in an attempt to describe that... human beings got here up with that observe.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Verse two means we will resurrect on the third day.

Verse one means the lord tears heals smites and binds.

Both verses are stupid.

Why are you even asking about these verses?

• 1 decade ago

It's saying that after God will restore those whom he has destroyed. That even if we are killed, he can raise us again, both spiritually and physically.

In it's literal local application, it was talking about Jerusalem's destruction, that God allowed them to be destroyed because of their sins. God removed his protection from them. But that if they return to God and repent, God can heal them and restore them.

It's also a prophetic type of the death and resurrection of Jesus (John 2:19,21)

• 1 decade ago

This is for those who have broken away from the Lord. It tells them to come to their senses and seek to renew their allegiance to the Lord. When they truly repent, God is eager to restore His relationship with them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is a call of repentance. It is saying that God will heal us when we are torn. He will fix us when we are injured. In just a short time he will restore us so that we may live in his presence.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I've read Hosea, but I don't know this off the top of my head so post it

• 1 decade ago

Yet future regarding the new Israel (Ezek. 37).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.