Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

Philosophically, does rain symbolize good or bad?

The answer is different to each person, I wanna see the varieties of answers.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Rain symbolizes good when the roof on the house is not leaking.

It symbolizes better when it pours on a dry land,

It symbolizes best to those who needs more water to survive.

Yet otherwise it can symbolize the worst when it comes as a raging storm that washes out the houses and wipes out the village.

In other concept,

Rain as a symbol by Ernest Hemingway's novel, 'A farewell to arms'.

Rain is used to symbolize and represent principally, war, death and love.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Drawing, even if is a fantastic hobby and an effective way to spend enough time, can be a really difficult task and this really is way you'll need this guide from here https://tr.im/KIfVB , Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery so that you can start with the best foot.

This Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery eBook is created by Christopher Sia, a Pencil Portrait Compartment and an trainer in that art through the entire past 5 decades

Mr. Sia is very step by step and you are able to completely follow along his entire pulling process.  If you wish to see each part of how his drawings are pay, you'll find them.  There are lots of good ideas and tricks on shading and dragging off challenging bits like hair.  The process map offer you a birds-eye view of the drawing method and the workouts involve some extra helpful information.

• Stan W
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

philosophically rain means rain. Wet! Water falling out of the sky. You are asking a question that would draw a blank stare from a philosopher because there is a lack of understanding of philosophy in the question.

by the way, that is called begging the question!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Rain is necessary for plants, trees and flowers to grow and for the earth to remain healthy, so its a good thing. I also like to hear the rain tapping gently at the windows when i am lying cozily in bed at night, its very soothing. However, occasionally rain can be a bit annoying too, especially if we have something good planned for the day and it rains hard all day and ruins things...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It could be both. It could be a good symbol for growing crops and food and it could be a bad symbol because rain drops look like tears and it's always dark and sunless(is that a word?:S) when it rains, making people feel gloomy and just plain blah/energyless.

• 1 decade ago

It symbolizes good because the symbolism is like the water of the rain satisfies someone's thirst and it symbolizes bad because the symbolism is sadness such as tears.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Think of the soft spring rain that helps the grass and flowers grow. It can only be good.

Think of the winter rain in a gale, and your umbrella just turned inside out...bad!

Think of the parched land of some countries in Africa, and the suffering animals and people, waiting for a little rain.

Think of New Orleans a few years ago.

Rain is life itself. It can be wonderful, it can be destructive, or it can just be a boring drizzle!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

from the wedding point of view rain is supposed to be good but who knows where this "old wives tale" originated from.

I'm sure way back sometime it rained on someone's wedding, and to make the bride and groom feel better, someone said that is was "good luck." I have no idea.

In any case, neither good nor bad weather on your wedding day can predict how your marriage is going to be!

• 1 decade ago

Answers differ because there is no real answer to this question. Some rain is good because it helps plants and crops grow. Too little is bad, and too much drowns everything.

Rain is good, provided it is the right amount to keep things living and flourishing. Otherwise, too little or too much is bad.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Rain could symbolize the downfall of a thousand sin filled souls...

OR maybe Help raining down from the heavens giving sustenance to all life? seem to me it can be either good or evil.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.