What CHRISTIAN organization follows Jesus' command found in Matthew 28:19,20?

What prophecy is being fulfilled in this faithful CHRISTIAN organization by following Jesus' command?

Does this command include going house to house? What scriptural proof is there for this?

Did the Apostles, Jesus' own disciples, go from house to house? If so where in the Bible can someone find this?

Why do not ALL Christians do this? If they do not do this are they following Jesus or opposing him? Is there any scripture in the Bible that gives an example of the difference of those who act on Jesus' command and those who disobey it?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There is absolutely no question about it, ONLY Jehovah's Witnesses are carrying out this command of our Lord within the way that the Bible instructs. I have read the many answers here and tho many of these are sincere in their answers, the way in which they respond and the content of the answers show either lack of faith in the Bible as being the Word of God (not of imperfect man) and or their own opinionated origin.

For example, one person here (I won't name names on this one) started out with; "I don't think", Jesus stated John 8:31, 32 that by remaining in his word his disciples would KNOW the truth, not that they "thought" they knew or simply would "believe" they knew the truth.

Jesus learned the truth DIRECTLY from God Almighty Himself and because of his relationship with the Father, NO ONE who EVER lived in the PAST, living NOW or in the FUTURE of this world or the next destined to come will ever know God Almighty the way Jesus does... no one. Jesus, with the teachings of God Almighty then in turn taught many people who became his disciples / followers. From among these he chose 12 to be his apostles (however, he still had many disciples, in fact the apostles are disciples).

Jesus command (contrary to apparent popular belief) was NOT ONLY for the apostles... but for ALL AND ANY WHO BECAME / BECOME TRUE CHRISTIANS.

But talk is cheap, I am merely an imperfect human like everyone else, my words by themself are and mean NOTHING... therefore, let us see what God's PERFECT Word the Holy Bible has to say on this.

Jesus foretold for our day, a GREAT preaching work that was to take place with the main subject of that preaching work being GOD'S KINGDOM as it is written:

“This good news OF THE KINGDOM will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.”

— Matthew 24:14

What religion is REALLY proclaiming GOD'S KINGDOM as the ONLY hope of mankind instead of encouraging people to look to IMPERFECT HUMAN RULERSHIP to solve their problems? There's no reason or need to guess, why the title of "The Watchtower" magazine bears witness to this itself being that it is NOT simply entitled "The Watchtower" but is in fact entitled "The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom". Feel free to open any copy of this fantastic Bible based publication, open it's front cover and actually READ what it say's regarding what the PURPOSE of the magazing is about... this is no mere coincidence.

You people who doubt and scourn Jehovah's Witnesses, has YOUR religion equipped YOU to share in this utmost important and urgent activity, and to do it from house to house as Jesus taught his apostles / disciples to do as the following Scriptures bear witness to?

"As YOU go, preach, saying, ‘THE KINGDOM of the heavens has drawn near.... Into whatever city or village YOU enter, search out who in it is deserving, and stay there until YOU leave. When YOU are entering into the house, greet the household; and if the house is deserving, let the peace YOU wish it come upon it; but if it is not deserving, let the peace from YOU return upon YOU."

— Matt. 10:7, 11-13

"And every day in the temple AND from HOUSE to HOUSE they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus.... [the apostle Paul said] while I did not hold back from telling YOU any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching YOU PUBLICLY and from HOUSE to HOUSE."

- Acts 5:42; 20:20

Our Lord Jesus also instructed his followers:

“GO . . . and make disciples of people of ALL the nations.”

Matthew 28:19.

When Jesus sent out his early disciples, he directed them to GO to the homes of the people as is shown at Matthew 10:7, 11-13 quoted above already.

The message that we as Jehovah's modern-day Christian Witnesses proclaim involves the very LIVES of people; we therefore want to be careful not to miss no one due to the fact of what God Almighty is about to soon unleash that with each passing day is RAPIDLY approaching on this present world / system of things and what He says via His sacred and Holy Word what ALL who desire to survive it MUST do, even as it is written:

"Before [the] statute gives birth to [anything], [before the] day has passed by just like chaff, before there comes upon YOU people the burning anger of Jehovah, before there comes upon YOU the day of Jehovah’s anger, seek Jehovah, all YOU meek ones of the earth, who have practiced His own judicial decision. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably YOU may be concealed in the day of Jehovah’s anger."

- Zephaniah 2:2, 3

Our repeated calls to people are motivated by genuine and sincere LOVE (as we do NOT get paid to do what we do... we VOLUNTEER to do this) — first, genuine love for God, also genuine love for our neighbor.

A conference of RELIGIOUS LEADERS [none of them Jehovah's Witnesses mind you] in Spain noted this:

“Perhaps [the churches] are excessively neglectful about that which precisely constitutes the GREATEST preoccupation of the Witnesses—THE HOME VISIT, which comes within the apostolic methodology of the primitive church. While the churches, on not a few occasions, limit themselves to constructing their temples, ringing their bells to attract the people and to preaching INSIDE their places of worship, [the Witnesses] FOLLOW the apostolic tactic of GOING FROM HOUSE TO HOUSE AND TAKING ADVANTAGE OF EVERY OCCASION TO WITNESS.”

— El Catolicismo, Bogotá, Colombia, September 14, 1975, p. 14.

Yep, again the above quote was said by an ENTIRE conference of religious leaders. However, genuine true modern-day Christian Witnesses of Jehovah DO NOT need and or look for praise and or noteworthiness from ANY imperfect human beings of mankind. Genuine true modern-day Christian Witnesses of Jehovah seek praise from the Almighty Sovereign Lord Jehovah God through His only begotten Son Jesus Christ our Master and King.

What we do is an expression of God's undeserved kindness and love for people, as He sincerely from the depths of His great heart truly desires that NO ONE should be destroyed but desires that ALL should attain to repentance (2 Peter 3:9).

However, the FACT is that the MAJORITY among humankind simply WON'T repent (turn around/change) and thus are going to cause Jehovah to lovingly DESTROY them and thus put them out of their misery. For if He allowed them to go on living and thinking as they do, they would only become a DANGER to themselves and others whom they come in contact with (as is the case now), thus causing his New Earth (2 Peter 3:13) to be NO DIFFERENT than THIS present ungodly one we live in now.

Or do these NOT realize that EVERYTHING which is created, is created for a REASON / PURPOSE (and can be destroyed)? Do these NOT realize that when the thing created does not function as it ought to according to the instructions it came with, that the created thing is in line for destruction? Do these NOT realize that if the creator of the created thing truly cares for the creation, he will do what he can in an attempt to fix it? Do these NOT realize that if upon said attempt/s to fix the created thing, IT STILL DOES NOT FUNCTION AS IT OUGHT TO.... IT GETS DESTROYED?

People ARE functioning IMPROPERLY according to the Creators instruction manual for humankind contained within the pages of the sacred and holy Bible. Jehovah God is patiently trying to "fix" them in these final days of the Last Days, but they still REFUSE to take note (as did the people in Noah's time before the devastating worldwide flood that was sent by Jehovah destroyed them).

The preaching work that we do is to announce that the long awaited KINGDOM OF GOD HAS FINALLY BEEN ESTABLISHED (since the Bible shown year of 1914) AND IS FULLY FUNCTIONING, that "playtime" is OVER, due to the FACT that ever since the year 1914 the world has entered the royal Parousia (Presence) of our Lord, Master and King by God Almighty's enthronment of him.

That the sign of Christ's Parousia (Google this Greek word) IS ALL AROUND US, evident each and everyday and even MORE SO as the time for the destruction of this present world draws nearer and nearer (or do people think that ALL that is happening in the world is simply by mere coincidence?)

- Matthew 24:3-14, 32-39; Luke 21:7-19; 2 Timothy 3:1-5; 2 Peter 3:3-13

People SEE the sign everywhere, it's literally all around them, unfortunately, the majority of people WON'T ACCEPT the spiritual vision the word of God offers so they can actually see the sign for themselves AND TAKE FULL NOTE as to exactly WHAT it means and WHAT it means they should be DOING. On the other hand, many ARE waking up from their Satanic "slumber", and the veil that the evil god who rules this present world, Satan the Devil (2 Corinthians 4:4) shrouded over their minds is being REMOVED and they are truly SEEING the sign and this world for WHAT THEY TRULY ARE as they fully accept the glorious good news about the Christ which now shines on and within them... PRAISE JAH!!!

Again, people, DO NOT think that we preach simply to increase our membership numbers.

Such thinking is FOOLISH and misses the point COMPLETELY. FOR WE ALREADY KNOW, even as Christ SAID, that FEW from the population of mankind FIND the narrow road leading to salvation & eternal life, NOT the MAJORITY of mankind who are on the broad and spacious road leading to DESTRUCTION, just as it has ALWAYS been, this is to be found at Matthew 7:13, 14, 21-23; Luke 6:46.

*CONTINUED BELOW*

Source(s): So go ahead opposers, scoff, scourn, hiss, rant, give me 1,000,000 thumb downs, I'M JUST A MESSENGER doing as I was COMMANDED and SENT out to do, which I happily OBEY. I WILL DELIVER THE MESSAGE, until I am COMMANDED to stop, by him that sent me. MY SOURCES: Jehovah God through His Son, His Word The Holy Bible, His spirit and His true worldwide earthly organization today comprised of the True Worshipers which Jesus made reference to at John 4:23, 24 If YOU would like to learn MORE as to the TRUE Bible based beliefs which I and MILLIONS of other true Christians worldwide have discovered, feel free to click here: http://www.watchtower.org/e/rq/article_13.htm http://www.watchtower.org/e/kn37/article_01.htm http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/index.htm http://www.watchtower.org https://watch002.securesites.net/contact/submit.ht...
  • 1 decade ago

The same group of people that are doing what Matt 24:14 says, that's how they find those that are spoken of at Matt28:18,19.

There is Bible passages we should know by heart, like Psalms 83:18; John 17:3; John 3:16; John 5:28,29;Act 24:15; &Psalms 37:10,11,29 just to name a few.

2Tim 3:1-5, tell us how this world is going to be, we would not want to be one of those spoken of in that scripture.

www.watchtower.org has these scriptures and many many more for ones that can't remember well. One can go there & get any answer about the Bible, there's one publication called "What The Bible Really Teaches" for us that don't have a clear understanding of the Bible.

I just read Myro's answer, I can hardly believe you are as young as you are. You deffently please your creator & give Jehovah an answer to the one that taunts Him.

Source(s): www.watchtower.org
  • 4 years ago

First of all they don't know what to preach. They know how to invite you to their church, or argue over scripture. They do not know Jehovah or Jesus. They definitely do not have Jehovah's holy spirit let alone know what the Kingdom really is or that Jesus is the King now reigning. They should leave the preaching work to those who know what they are doing and are being trained to preach. As one stated, the churches cannot agree on anything. Jehovah is not a God of confusion but an organized God. They read the bible but don't understand the bible. Jehovah has not opened himself to them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Jehovah's Wittiness. I asked a similar question based on the public talk that was given on the same day all around the world. It truly is a wonderful organization to belong to when you think about it. Matthew 7:22

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

JW's stern focus on 'who is the bestest group of Christians' ... is satanic ... and down right arrogant. You do not serve Christ Yeshua before you give yourself accolades. The body of Christ is not whole because of this autoimmune disorder within itself. You do NOT go door to door introducing people to Christ but instead look for converts into your church - which is in your opinion the only way to God. But Christ said HE was the mediator between man and God ... no you people. You do not know the bible better than everyone else and you are deceived on issues.

If every organ in the human body had the same function ... it would die. If every mechanical part within a clock moved in the same direction, it would not keep time.

Don't you realize you are not more than a beauty pageant contestant asking "who has the nicest @ss." Really, its terribly tasteless.

• gina
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Matthew 24:14

Acts 20:20

I knew a Baptist group once that said they wanted to do what we do ,they met and left went to the door and didn't know what to say and they just ended up going home.Nothing happened after that.

• 1 decade ago

AntiApollyon, have you never read Acts 5:42 "And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus."

Jehovah's Witnesses love Jesus, so we preach about him. We want our Heavenly Father's name, Jehovah, magnified, and God's kingdom proclaimed. We love people and want them to understand God's word.

We have the holy spirit directing us in our preaching.

• Jehovah Witnesses are the only ones who does this. both young and old. yes the apostles did this also. people are to lazy and don't want to be bothered and they rather be rude to us and tell lies about us then go out and do what Jesus commanded us to do

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

(Isaiah 43:10) “YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none.

(Romans 10:11-15) 11 For the Scripture says: “None that rests his faith on him will be disappointed.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for there is the same Lord over all, who is rich to all those calling upon him. 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.” 14 However, how will they call on him in whom they have not put faith? How, in turn, will they put faith in him of whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach? 15 How, in turn, will they preach unless they have been sent forth? Just as it is written: “How comely are the feet of those who declare good news of good things!”

Source(s): Jehovah God
  • 1 decade ago

Jehovah's Witnesses....and one reference is found in the book of Acts chapter 20, verse 20.... this is one of the stipulations that Christ taught his early followers, and it still applies today.

• 1 decade ago

The methods of witnessing 'two by two' and 'house to house' were Jesus' method. I know my church still do it.

A note of caution here. There was a time when communication with loved ones abroad was done by letters then it was via the telephone now it's the computer and little handheld gadgets. Therefore, had Christ been present in the flesh in 2009, even though I am sure He would still visit with folk in their homes, but don't you think He would have used other methods too?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.