Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

In spanish phrase, "hacia la que" means?

In spanish, what does the prepostion phrase "hacia la que" means. ex: La direccion hacia la que se encauza, llevara a la mujer al logro de su independcia

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The path that, when followed, will enable women to achieve independence.

Literally: The direction, towards which a person channels themself, will bring to women the achievement of their independence.

The "la que" translates to mean "which" in this case. Which what? La dirección. Hence the use of "la que" (instead of "el que" or "lo que"... which also translate to the word "which")

El saludo, el que te envío desde aquí en California, es una palabra masculina... por lo tanto el uso de "el que".

• 1 decade ago

Hi

Its like "in which it"

the phrase:

La direccion hacia la que se encauza, llevara a la mujer al logro de su independcia

can be too:

La direccion hacia donde se encauza, llevara a la mujer al logro de su independcia

in that case is "where to go" or like this

• Gail
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

FinitA not finito. The phrase is "finita la musica, passata la fiesta". It's Italian, meaning, the music is finished, the party is over.

• Victor
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

The direction "in which" she is headed, shall lead (or take) the woman towards the achievement of her independence.

Source(s): My experience
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Towards what?I think.

• 1 decade ago

in this case, it means "towards which"

• 1 decade ago

Are you sure that's right? I've never heard of that...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

in this case, TO WHICH

Source(s): native speaker
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.