Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

"M" asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Movies: I am adding to my movie collection and would like suggestions for "GOOD" films or movies on dvd...?

"Horror, Comedy,Thriller" are my favorites any sugesstions? What would you recommend, and why did you like the movie? What was the best movie you have seen latley? me...REPO the Genetic Opera =)

ohhh, Just a note I will read subs so foriegn films are cool too... and, I already own 900 plus films and movies. Any good suggestions? Thanks I will extend the question in case you think of new stuff you may like to add later. =)

Favorite Answer

If you liked "Repo" then you need to see:

"Phantom of the Paradise" (1974) it like a rock style modern Phantom of the Opera, it's cool, creepy, the story is good and the music is great.

EDIT

"The City of Lost Children" ("La cité des enfants perdus" (1995) dark fantasy French movie

"Delicatessen" (1991) dark comedy, french movie about a canibal club

"A Pure Formality" ("Une pure formalité" (1994) dark French triller about a man interrogated about a murder he doesn't remember.

"Airbag" (1997) crazy funny Spanish road movie about a soon to be married guy that lost his wedding ring and at the same time some drug dealers are hunting him and his friends.

• Rene

The Red Lantern - Chinese film

Movie with Brad Pitt & Cate Blanchett

Derailed

Nighthawks

Crank

Transporter series

Black Rain

The Ghost and The Darkness

A Perfect Murder

Romeo Is Bleeding

Romeo Must Die

French Connection

Tango & Cash

Guess Who

Why Did I Get Married?

No Country for Old Men

The Hunted (Christopher Lambert) The Best movie ever

Hindi films a great. "Don" and "Dhoom II" are my favourites.

House of Flying Daggers is Asian, maybe Chinese.

I've got the full DVD collection of Thunderbirds.

Horror - "House of 1000 corpses", SAW I to IV, Crack in the Floor, Ghost Ship, Dog Soldiers, Wolf Creek, Hostel I & II, Apocalypto, The Hills Have Eyes II, The Dark Hours, Final Destination I & II, Underworld Evolution I & II etc ..

Adventure/Drama - Pathfinder. The Contract. Rise of the Foot Soldier, Shooter, Breach, Tideland, Unleashed,

I've got abut 400 plus in my DVD collection. I've got about 130 VCR Movies as well. And I don't even download any.

Pineapple Express is hilariously awesome! It's my favorite comedy thus far. James Franco is a comic genius in his role and Seth Rogan is brilliantly funny! It's laugh-out-loud-and-laugh-some-more hilarious!!

Pan's Labrynth was a dark, imaginative, and deeply enchanting fantasy movie. As always, Guillermo del Toro's creature's looked top notch and along with these creatures, he has also created a dark and memorable fairytale. This one is subtitled and is quite excellent.

Fight Club with Brad Pitt and Edward Norton is an awesome movie!

The Princess Bride is a must have classic! To this day, it remains one of my favorite movies.

The Last Samurai with Tom Cruise and Ken Watanabe is another of my favorites. It's a very good film.

A really great movie I recently watched was "May"- horror in genre, but with elements of humor in there, too. Just a film that really sat with me for a long time.

Old boy - it a revenge movie from south korea its really well made, very original you wont be disappointed. It one of my favorite movies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldboy

a really funny movie i saw recently was

Una Pelicula De huevos

really hilarious and original it about eggs but its in spansh don't think its been dubbed yet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Una_pelicula_de_huevo...

EDIT: GREAT, in my opinion the best movie made these day are foreign

I'm a cyborg but That's Ok

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_a_Cyborg,_But_T...

another korean film, by the same director of old boy really funny and weird movie, I really liked it

Let the Right one In

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_the_Right_One_In_...

a really nice movie about a vampire befriending a boy who is always bullied. romance movie. its in swedish

it's old but the Back to Future trilogy is my favorite!

ahhhhhhhh i lovee themm :]