Justin D asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

What's the reason for booing (poll inside)?

I mean, doesn't the player know that what they did was not good. Why do the fans have to tell them that? It's pretty obvious, don't you think. Anyway......

Poll: Do you boo at games?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

If the umpire makes a bad call, I'll boo a little bit, but I won't boo if a player is doing bad.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sometimes, fans boo a player that is opposing their team because they know that the player they are booing is good. So basically in the words of a Cardinals announcer "they are booing Pujols because he is good" when they were on an away game.

Another reason fans boo is because the player did something good for his team, but bad for your team. Such as, Hit a homerun, made a diving catch, or ran the catcher over in a rundown to home plate or something along the lines of that.

the reason fans boo their own players is if a player on their team commits a big error and costs them the game or something. Or if they do something bad off the field. Basically they have to do something that costs them the game or gets them in trouble.

there are many reasons why, way too many to list.

Source(s): Personal Experience from watching baseball.
  • 1 decade ago

I think it is very obnoxious especially when its your own players. If the player is doing terribly then that won't help much at all. Making an error having a bad outing.. that's normal they're human i'm not going to boo them.

Even if you're booing because the player is good its still pretty irritating...

Although i just HAVE to add that it was really funny when Orioles booed the heck out of Mark Teixeira because that certainly won't be the only place he's going to get booed at lol

Poll: No, i do not.. even if its like A-rod or something i wouldn't. Would NEVER boo my own team. Not much of a booer at all

• 1 decade ago

I think it's more out of frustration when a person boos his/her own players. Nevertheless, booing can have an additional negative impact on the player, which will cause more poor play. Some players probably start playing better when people boo, but I doubt there are very many of them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Baseball fans are just getting stupider

Never haved boo a MLB player never will

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I never Boo my teams players, but I will say, I do tend to boo opposing team's players but mainly only in key situations like game deciding, something like that.

• 1 decade ago

I pay for the tickets and merchandise that pays their "over-paid" salaries. I have the right to boo when they aren't playing up to their potential. Besides, what do you expect people to do? Sit in their seats as if they were at a piano recital? Do you expect people to be without emotion? I think not.

• 3 years ago

we are outstanding! we've a variety of of exciting! We tell Jokes! We Make human beings chortle.. We Rock! we've a sturdy humorousness. all of us comprehend a thank you to occasion and function exciting. We consistently have a sturdy time. We Cheer human beings Up! we are humorous, We Act stupid. we are time-honored. we've a variety of of acquaintances right here. there are a number of those that Like Us. there are a number of humorous human beings On Y!A Like Us!!! poll: William Maxwell Aitken...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well the mets fans booed david wright today because he is not clutch he dosn't get hits in big situations and yes i do boo

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't boo..lol..I honestly think it's classless. But I'm sure it can be positive..it might motivate the player to work harder.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.