im going to delhi india and i want to know what neighborhood i should stay.?

i found several hosts that are charging me anywhere from rs.10,000 to 25,000 to stay in a room at their house. i also found some apartments around the same price range. should i stay with ppl or on my own. i want to stay in the city cause that means ease of getting around. any tips or info anyone has would be helpful. i leave june 1 to sept. 5.

Update:

is this a good hotel clean and safe?

hotel capital

cosmo hotel

hotel astoria

hotel swagart palace

hotel aarti palace

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

http://www.ywcaofdelhi.org/index.pl?page=priya_hos...

http://socialwelfare.delhigovt.nic.in/womenhostels...

Working Women's Hostels in Delhi

1. Delhi Mahila Samaj Trust,

52, Tughlakabad, Institutional Area,

Mehrauli Badarpur Road, New Delhi.

2. Young Women's Association,

(Hostel No.1) Block-C-3,

Safdarjung Development Area,

Bhim Nagari, New Delhi.

3.Young Women's Association,

(Hostel No.2)

Avenue 21, Saket,

New Delhi.

4.Sri Ganga Ram Hospital,

Sri Ganga Ram Hospital Road,

New Delhi.

5.St. Stephen's Hospital,

Tis Hazari, Delhi-54.

6.Swati (NDMC)

Mandir Marg, New Delhi.

7.Guild of Services,

C-25, IIT, Behind Qutab Hotel,

New Delhi.

8.Institute of Social Service,

Prabhatara, Mohammad Pur,

R.K. Puram, New Delhi.

9.All India Women's Conference,

6, Bhagwan Dass Road,

New Delhi.

10.Indira Niketan (NDMC)

Laxmi Bai Nagar,

New Delhi.

11.Bhartiya Gramin Mahila Sangh,

Savitri Nagar, Sheikh Sarai Phase-I,

Opp. Panchsheel Park,

New Delhi.

12.Jamia Milia Islamia,

Jamia Nagar,

New Delhi-25.

13.Subanchal

Shram Sadhana Trust,

INA Colony,

New Delhi.

14.Working Women Hostel

Deptt. of Social Welfare,

Vishwas Nagar,

Kadkardooma,

Delhi.

15.Working Women Hostel of NDMC

1, Bhagwan Dass Lane,

Delhi.

16.Working Women Hostel Vishwas Nagar

Near UTCS Building,

Delhi.

http://www.hindu.com/2007/12/19/stories/2007121954...

Working women’s hostel invites applications

Staff Reporter

Built at a cost of Rs.1.5 crore, the hostel has 48 ordinary, six semi-deluxe and four deluxe rooms

Last date for procuring application forms is December 27; one time admission fee Rs.100

Admission restricted for single ladies working in Government organisations or reputed firms

NEW DELHI: A working women’s hostel constructed in Sector 8 of Rohini here by the Municipal Corporation of Delhi is ready for occupation.

In a statement on Tuesday, MCD Standing Committee Chairman Vijender Gupta invited applications from working women not possessing a residence in Delhi to live in the hostel.

“Built at a cost of Rs.1.5 crore, the three-storey hostel has 48 ordinary, six semi-deluxe and four deluxe rooms for single occupancy. It has been handed over to non-government organisation Stri Shakti for operation and maintenance on a no-profit-no-loss basis. It is situated at a prominent location and full provision for security of hostel inmates has been made.”

Mr. Gupta said the establishment was close to the market and the Metro rail station and had sufficient open space apart from a dining hall, a common room and parking facilities.

“Applications are to be filled in the prescribed form available at the hostel at payment of Rs.20. The last date for procuring the application form is December 27 while for submitting the completed form is December 31. The hostel will start functioning from January 10,” he said.

The monthly charges for accommodation will be Rs.1,000 for ordinary room, Rs.1,500 for semi-deluxe and Rs.2,500 for deluxe. A one-time admission fee of Rs.100 for ordinary rooms, Rs.200 for semi-deluxe rooms and Rs.300 for deluxe rooms will be charged.

While normal rooms will have a common washroom, deluxe and semi-deluxe rooms would have attached washrooms.

“Admission to the hostel is restricted to single ladies (married or unmarried) employed in the Government organisations or reputed firms. Ordinary rooms will be allotted to women working on posts equivalent to non-gazetted status. Semi-deluxe rooms will be allotted to applicants working on Group ‘B’ posts, while for deluxe rooms the applicant should be an Under Secretary or equivalent,” Mr. Gupta added.

Printer friendly page

Send this article to Friends by E-Mail

http://wcddel.in/ww/wwh.html

WORKING WOMEN's HOSTEL IN DELHI

The aim of the scheme is to provide a dignified proper and affordable shelter to women who are employed and do not have any living accommodation. The present number of Working Women’s Hostel are full and not in a position to accommodate the large number of Women who are waiting allotments. Hence, there is an increasing need for constructing more Working Women Hostels. Presently there are 11 Working Women Hostel run by voluntary Organization. 13 new Working Woman Hostels to be constructed on priority. DDA has identified 9 sites and allotted land at Dheerpur, Najafgarh, Basant Village, Rani Bagh, Tughlakabad, Dilshad Garden, Narela, Bawana and Dwarka.

The Social Welfare department has made available a Working Women Hostel at Vishwash Nagar. The hostel has been handed over to YWCA.

Possession of land for construction of working women hostel at Tughlakabad and Basant Village has been taken over. DSIDC has been assigned the work of construction of hostel o

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Delhi may be the capital city of India also referred to as New Delhi and domestically Dilli. Delhi is the key birth level for overseas tourists and you may be certainly one of this tourist; have a look with hotelbye . One of the areas most visited in Delhi could be the Bahai Temple. This Temple is found atop the Kalkaji Hill and it is also referred to as "The Lotus Temple" because special lotus formed style in marble. Bahai Temple was built in 1987 by the readers of Bahai faith. The Temple signifies the purity and equality of religions. Another place to visit in Delhi is Gandhi Smiriti. In that memorial are exhibited: images, statues, paintings, frescos, inscriptions on stones and relics pertaining to the decades Mahatma Gandhi spent here. The meagre particular aftereffects of Gandhiji also are cautiously preserved.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you are female and want to stay in the city, you had better share the room some reliable person.

In Delhi, it is still dangerous to live for young person alone.

Have a nice trip !!

Source(s): My own experiences.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

problematic thing. look into onto yahoo or google. that will can help!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.