Young Adult books like Twilight?

What are some young adult books, like twilight but with out the vampires?

Its hard for me to find a book i really enjoy reading. The only book i have been able to read and want more is Twilight.

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

-Once Upon A Prom Dream By Jeanine Le

-Once Upon A Prom Dress By Jeanine Le

-Once Upon A Prom Date By Jeanine Le

-The Host By Stephanie Meyer

-Harry Potter Series By J. K. Rowling

-The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants Series By Ann Brashares

-Fledgling by Octavia E. Butler

-Vampire Kisses series by Ellen Schreiber

-The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause

-Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruze

-Boys That Bite by Marianne Mancusi

-Salems Lot by Stepehn King

-The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

-Life Force by Colin Wilson (Space Vampires)

-Midnighters By Scott Westerfeld

-Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan

-Belinda by Anne Rampling

-The Beast Within by Edward Levi

-Maximum Ride by James Patterson

-The Vampire Armand (The Vampire Chronicles) by Anne Rice

-The Vampire Companion by Katherine Ramsland

-Exit to Eden by Anne Rampling

-Communion by Whitley Strieber

-Kissed By An Angel By Elizabeth Chandler

Have You Read The Whole Twilight Series

-New Moon

-Eclipse

-Breaking Dawn

hope that helped

• 1 decade ago

Young Adult Romance:

-The Luxe, Rumours and Envy- Anna Godbersen

-This Lullaby- Sarah Dessen

-13 Little Blue Envelopes- Maureen Johnson

-The Truth about Forever- Sarah Dessen

-Lock & Key- Sarah Dessen

Funny Young Adult Books:

-Diary of Georgia Nicholson- Louise Rennison

-My Big Birkett- Lisa Shanahan

-Life at the Shallow End

Vampire/Fantasy Books:

-Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn- Stephanie Meyers

-Vampire Diaries

-The Host- Stephanie Meyers

-The Mediator-Meg Cabot

Classic Books that are great:

-Pride and Prejudice

-Alice in Wonderland

• Yea that is exactly how I feel. Twilight Saga is awesome. By the way they are coming out with a new book called Midnight sun sometime in the future. Its Twilight from Edwards point of view. Here are a couple of romance/love books you may want to pick up.

Forever-Judy Blume

A walk to remember-Nicholas Sparks

Crazy in love-Dandi Daley Mackall

Nights in Rodanthe-Nicholas Sparks

Perfect Chemistry-Simone Elkeles

Perfect You-Elizabeth Scott

This Lullaby-Sarah Dessen

Two-Way Street-Lauren Barnholdt

Meet me at the boardwalk-Erin Haft

Along for the ride-Sarah Dessen

Seventeenth Summer-Maureen Daly

Played-Dana Davidson

When it happens-Susane Colasanti

And a bunch of Hailey Abbott's books sound really good too.

• 1 decade ago

The Host- by S.M. it's about these aliens that are souls that took over the earth, and are using all of the bodies as vessels. Wanderer gets put in the body of Melanie, a girl who refuses to fade away, like other human souls do. Her emotions and feelings become Wanderer's, so soon she goes on a journey to find Melanie's still human brother and bf before they get used as bodies for the aliens too

Hunger Games- Built from the rubble of North America are 12 districts. Every year there is an event called the Hunger Games. It is a 'game' which throws 2 tributes from each district together and the last survivor lives. Katniss Everdeen, from one of the most poor districts gets picked to go, and it's up for her to survive and win the games to make sure her family can survive with the food winnings that would come with triumphing over her fellow tributes. (Susanne Collins)

Also, the more obvious choices, H.P., Tamora Pierce, and the Inkheart Trilogy! Good luck!

Source(s): Similar dilemma
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Blue Bloods -Melissa de La Cruz

Within New York City’s most elite families, there lurks a secret society of celebrated Americans whose ancestors sailed on the Mayflower. They are the powerful and the wealthy—and in fact, they are not human. They are the Blue Bloods, an ancient group of vampires.

Schuyler Van Alen has never fit in at Duchesne, her prestigious New York City private school. She prefers baggy, vintage clothes instead of the Prada and pearls worn by her classmates, and she lives with her reclusive grandmother in a dilapidated mansion. Schuyler is a loner—and happy that way.

But when she turns fifteen, Schuyler’s life changes dramatically. She has a mosaic of blue veins on her arms, and craves raw meat. The death of a popular girl from Duchesne is surrounded by a mystery that haunts her. And strangest off all, Jack Force, the most popular boy in school, is showing a sudden interest in her.

Schuyler wants to find out the secrets the Blue Bloods are keeping. But is she herself in danger?

Steeped in vampire lore and set against the glittery backdrop of New York City, Blue Bloods will be devoured by fans of Melissa de la Cruz.

That was off the authors web site if you are interested you can look at the rest of the books and more of her books at :

I freaking love these books !!!!!!!! kinda lke Twilight with the vampire thing ...

http://melissa-delacruz.com/index.php

Source(s): Melissa De La Cruz's site and ME !
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Right after I read Twilight I read a book called Sweethearts. It really got me off the Twilight obsession.

• LK
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Suggest you simply pick up other books = the way to 'find' them.

Suggest you ask a bookstore clerk, explore Amazon, go to a library (or just call one) and ask for titles of books you may enjoy.

Suggest also you read these Y/A books:

"Slam"

- and -

"About a Boy" by Nick Hornby.

-Don't worry, there is plenty of Y/A about these mentioned above, and romance as well, though that is usually frowned on by someone else (even, in one case, a protagonist).

"The Graveyard Book" by Neil Gaiman

-The book above is said to be for 'older children', but is very imaginative = Most of it takes place among graveyard ghosts and other 'beings'; it's actually very suspenseful, a Y/A book indeed = in deeds done.

-There is, however, one very ancient vampire of sorts, and one equally surprising 'hound of hell.'

Lots goes on in this murderous book.

Source(s): Have read Twilight and the books mentioned. Also think it very important you find more reading material. You have some great reading ahead of you.
  • 1 decade ago

Perhaps you should read Stephanie Myer's other book titled "The Host". Also, they Harry Potter series is often well received by young adult readers, though I am sure you have herd of them. Go to your local library and search the young adult section or ask a librarian what book they suggest. Also, libraries often have pamphlets on what books teen might enjoy.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm not sure how young adulty it is but my favourite series BAR NONE is the Dark Jewels trilogy. K, I love twighlight BUT...The Daughter of the Blood is AWESOME!

• 1 decade ago

Eragon series is really good. They are really long and a slow read books, but they are REALLY good. Um.. Artemis Fowl series is very good. City of Bones, which I am currently reading now, so far is really good, the series for that is Mortal Instruments.

Read my prologue and comment?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AjcM9...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.