Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

how do you know when a cheesecake is done?

i'm making a cheesecake for the first time and i was wondering how u can be sure that it's done. i know that for a cake u poke a toothpick in and if it comes out clean, then it's done. is that the same for cheesecakes? thanks!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

When you tap the side of the cheesecake pan with a handle of a spoon, the whole top will move like one semi solid piece, with the center (about 1 to 2-inches in circumference) being a little more wobbly than the edges. A cheesecake will bake faster around the edges because of its batters contact with the pan sides.

The surface of the cheesecake will be dull -- the parts that are baked with the center or the less baked parts being more shiny.

You touch the top of the cheesecake lightly with the flat of your hand, it will be firm.

A cheesecake is NOT done:

If, when tapped lightly on the side of the pan with the handle of a spoon, the entire cheesecake jiggles like heavy cream or liquid. Continue to bake.

It sinks in the middle when cooled.

• Erika
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Cheesecake Done

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

how do you know when a cheesecake is done?

i'm making a cheesecake for the first time and i was wondering how u can be sure that it's done. i know that for a cake u poke a toothpick in and if it comes out clean, then it's done. is that the same for cheesecakes? thanks!

Source(s): cheesecake done: https://shortly.im/1wPoA
  • 1 decade ago

A toothpick won't go down far enough into a cheesecake. The center should only slightly jiggle - and stick a sharp knife down into the center. It should come out clean

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

When it is golden brown and it doesnt poof when it is cold

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.