In the books Maximum Ride what color is Max's hair?

In Maximum Ride Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports, Jeb says that Max's hair is blonde like Ari's was when he was a little kid, but in Maximum Ride Max, When Angel is talking to Max about Fang and if he likes Max. Max says that Fang wouldn't like her because she is boring, brown hair and brown... show more In Maximum Ride Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports, Jeb says that Max's hair is blonde like Ari's was when he was a little kid, but in Maximum Ride Max, When Angel is talking to Max about Fang and if he likes Max. Max says that Fang wouldn't like her because she is boring, brown hair and brown eyes. So what color is her hair really? I know that in the first book (The Angle Experiment) she gets her hair done in New York, does that have any thing to do with it though? I guess this question isn't really that important but it has been bugging me if it is blonde or brown. Please help
Update: How is it blonde when in the fifth book Max has a conversation with Angel that goes like this "You have nice hair and really pretty eyes." -angel "yes brown and brown"-Max "No, your hair has little sun streaks in it"-Angel So if you know how here hair is blonde like where it says... show more How is it blonde when in the fifth book Max has a conversation with Angel that goes like this "You have nice hair and really pretty eyes." -angel
"yes brown and brown"-Max
"No, your hair has little sun streaks in it"-Angel

So if you know how here hair is blonde like where it says it could you please tell me?