promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
ALEXIS
Lv 7
ALEXIS asked in EnvironmentOther - Environment · 1 decade ago

High school student interested in Environmental Engineering?

I'm finishing up high school right now and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do and what college to go to. I'm very interested in Environmental Engineering. I would like to hear from people with that career. What got you interested in your career? What is a typical day like for you? What type of education/schooling would I need in college? What are some of the best colleges for Environmental Engineering? Can Environmental Engineering help in any other careers?

I live in Michigan right now, if that helps with anything. I'm not worried about going to college in a different state. Anywhere is fine with me. : )

Answers to any of these questions and/or any other information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I am looking to be starting my undergraduate in environmental engineering next year, and I was interested in this as I wanted a career that is both certifying financially and also the feeling that I am contributing back to the world in a way I feel strongly about(the environment).

I got a few info from University Collage London about their courses and the subject generally.

A levels:

AAA, one or more from Mathematics, Physics, Geography, Biology and Chemistry are welcomed but not required.

A pass in a further subject at AS level or equivalent is required for all programmes

IB Diploma:

38 points, one or more from Mathematics, Physics, Geography, Biology and Chemistry at higher level are welcomed but not required.

Their prospectus says the skills developed throughout the degree are applicable across a range of fields beyond engineering. I would recommend you order several prospectus from different Unis as they provide more details on their courses.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • karita
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

i'm additionally an environmental engineer with no longer as plenty adventure as above yet I at the instant paintings as a researcher and a scientist. I even have previous adventure as a field engineer. in case you wish yet another potential be happy to touch me. sturdy success with your undertaking!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I know an environmental engenieer and he says that it may require you to move to where your main research will be. It can absolutely help!!! check out websites for it!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.