ALEXIS
ALEXIS asked in EnvironmentOther - Environment · 1 decade ago

High school student interested in Environmental Engineering?

I'm finishing up high school right now and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do and what college to go to. I'm very interested in Environmental Engineering. I would like to hear from people with that career. What got you interested in your career? What is a typical day like for you? What type of education/schooling would I need in college? What are some of the best colleges for Environmental Engineering? Can Environmental Engineering help in any other careers?

I live in Michigan right now, if that helps with anything. I'm not worried about going to college in a different state. Anywhere is fine with me. : )

Answers to any of these questions and/or any other information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help!

Best Answer

I am looking to be starting my undergraduate in environmental engineering next year, and I was interested in this as I wanted a career that is both certifying financially and also the feeling that I am contributing back to the world in a way I feel strongly about(the environment).

I got a few info from University Collage London about their courses and the subject generally.

A levels:

AAA, one or more from Mathematics, Physics, Geography, Biology and Chemistry are welcomed but not required.

A pass in a further subject at AS level or equivalent is required for all programmes

IB Diploma:

38 points, one or more from Mathematics, Physics, Geography, Biology and Chemistry at higher level are welcomed but not required.

Their prospectus says the skills developed throughout the degree are applicable across a range of fields beyond engineering. I would recommend you order several prospectus from different Unis as they provide more details on their courses.

• karita

i'm additionally an environmental engineer with no longer as plenty adventure as above yet I at the instant paintings as a researcher and a scientist. I even have previous adventure as a field engineer. in case you wish yet another potential be happy to touch me. sturdy success with your undertaking!

I know an environmental engenieer and he says that it may require you to move to where your main research will be. It can absolutely help!!! check out websites for it!