Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Packing & Preparation · 1 decade ago

How long does USPS(United States Postal Service) Priority Mail takes?

I have an Electronic item that was located Washington from the west coast and so post to be here in Washington,DC but the Priority Mail say's Priority Mail take 2-3 days the today is now the 3 day and it haven't came!!!! Help! I tracked the item and it never updated since the day it was shipped, I called and gave them the label number and they said it was unavailable!

Favorite Answer

Please understand that the delivery confirmation number is not a tracking number. Only express mail and registered mail are trackable. Delivery confirmation mail may get an acceptance scan and courtesy scans along the way, but this is not a service that is provided. Delivery confirmation only provides for a delivery scan. Shipment time on Priority mail is 2 - 3 days, but this is not guaranteed. Sometimes the planes are late, or the mail is bumped due to weight, and the weather can also affect delivery times since Fed Ex provides the mail service to the USPS.

• ?

Should be 2 to 3 days, but not a guarantee. Many tings can happen enroute. Give it a few days. Make sure you have the correct tracking number. Your local postmaster should be able to assist you