pros and cons about getting your belly button pierced?

ok, so my friend and i were thinking about maybe getting our belly buttons pierced lol. (we stil probably have to convince our parents but still!) anyways, we both jump horses and i dance so im not sure if it would be a problem or not...? what are some pros and cons!?

thanks :)

• Julie
    Favorite Answer

Pros:

- Looks cute

- After a couple of months you can change the jewelry

Cons:

- You have to take good care of them and clean them or they can get infected

- They get caught on stuff and it hurts. Like clothes and loofa sponges in the shower

- Summer is coming up, and you need to avoid pools & spas for about 6 weeks

- If you decide to take it out, you're left with a little hole that never completely goes away

I am a parent. So, my perspective is this: 1. Hell no! Your belly button, and all other parts of your body will not be encumbered by any objects, while you are living under my roof. Dad has spoken! 2. Your belly button is very pretty just the way that it already is, hon! You could not possibly improve on God's good work. 3. Maybe the Zulus in Africa pierce various parts of their bodies with this and that. However, you are not a Zulu living in Africa. 4. As a man, I find body piercings to be a real turn off. I just want to have the entire pretty girl, not a girl with a bunch of metal inserted into her. 5. It would be hard to get through airport security, with a bunch of metal inserted into your *ss, or whatever. Additionally, many employers don't want to see that crap either. 6. It degrades your looks, it can be bad for your health because it can cause nerve damage, infections, and so on.

Pros;

Looks pretty

The fun of buying jewelery for it!

It's not about attention seeking, I've never been about the attention but I have mine done jsut cos I thought it looked nice (I was one of the first people in my area to get it done so wasn't trend following) and you can buy so mnay different types of bars for it that it can just as much a statement of your style as your clothes are =)

It also fun to gross parents out (when it's not tender anymore) buy twisting the bar around lol

Cons;

Can get infected if you don't look after it properly

Takes a couple months to heal

Mkaes any trousers that come up that high (if you have any) pretty much unwearwable before it's healed

It does hurt at first if you catch it but that stops after it's healed well. The only thing is with horse-riding and wearing jodpurs or jeans whilst sitting in that position would be awkward at first, it may catch.

for the first few weeks youll need to pay extra close attention to it and wash it about 3 times a day. but other then that there are no cons.

my best friend has 19 numbers in dance and she has 17 piercings. her belly 3 times. that's not an issue. it'll be fine.

but they do look very cute and they do get infected easiy so take good care of it!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

thanks :)

Source(s): pros cons belly button pierced: https://tr.im/bi11d

Pros: -It looks cute, especially with a cute bikini.

-it's fun to get new styles of jewelry to wear.

Cons:-It can get infected easily.

-Because of the placement, getting it pulled at or out with your clothing, purse, seatbelt, bookbag, etc is easy...and it hurts!

-Body jewelry can be expensive.

-I had mine done when I was 13, I took it out when I was 16 because I don't think it's really "cool" anymore. I'm 22 now and the hole STILL hasn't grown up at all. I'm going to have it forever. If you ever get pregnant and you have that scar tissue there around the whole, it can stretch up to the size of a quarter or more and not go back down. Gross.

I wouldn't do it.

If I could go back I would never have had it done.

Source(s): personal experience.

Pros - i looks pretty and it doesn't hurt much just feel the pressure as it goes in!

Con's - they are very easily infected so make sure you clean it everyday with the solution they provide and whilst it is healing you will have to cover it up with a big plaster so it doesn't get caught.

Once its healed fully after a few weeks you will be able to move it all over without it hurting much, but it will really hurt if you catch it whilst dancing or something if its not healed properly. They get infected very easily so don't play with it and if you do have to touch it clean your hands thoroughly first.

Pro's:

It looks nice, it really isn't that painful, good acessory for a swimsuit!

Con's:

(I wouldn't say this is that much of a con) but it does sting for about 5 seconds! Has to be cleaned thoroughly, you probably wouldn't be able to jump horses for a while, it might cause your piercing to bleed and aggrivate it!

But anyway, I'd definatley recommend it, I love mine :) And don't worry about the pain, I'm a huge drama queen when it comes to pain and it doesn't hurt !

xxx

This is to Ethel:

First of all, who cares what you or any man or woman thinks, a piercing DOES NOT devalue you in any way and if I had anyone in my life that thought that way I'd just leave. As a father you should not teach your daughter to let her body be objectified. It's her body and she can do whatever the hello she wants to do with it. Second of all, what type of employer looks at their employees navel. I don't know where you work, but I suggest leaving.

Pros- it looks amazing in a swim suit and its soo pretty

Cons- your body can reject it like mine did and leave a really nasty scar and bump. I did mine when I was 18 and it started to reject and left a huge bump of scar tissue and then I waited a year and did it again but the same thing happened. Me and my bff got it done together but she didn't have any problems, I just have a yucky scar. If you decide to do it, just watch it carefully and if a bump starts to develop take it out, it just depends on your body.