Alcohol at a High School Graduation Party...What are your thoughts?

My middle son is graduating next month and we are having his open house at his Dad's (my ex-husband) house. We are disagreeing on whether to have alcohol or not. (For the adults, not the kids) I say the party is for our son, not us and I don't want to have to police his friends to make sure they are not... show more My middle son is graduating next month and we are having his open house at his Dad's (my ex-husband) house. We are disagreeing on whether to have alcohol or not. (For the adults, not the kids)

I say the party is for our son, not us and I don't want to have to police his friends to make sure they are not drinking.

The ex thinks it is perfectly fine and since the beer is for the adults, he doesn't see a problem.

I think we are just asking for problems.

What are your thoughts? Any good argument I can give him, or anyone think I need to lighten up? I am open to all opinions!
Update: I am *assuming* since it is at the ex's house, he would be the one to get in trouble.