Making guns illegal will mean only criminals carry guns, but making abortions illegal will stop them?

Now don't get me wrong, I AM a Liberal, but I am both pro-life and pro-responsible gun ownership. I COMPLETELY, 100% agree with the gun-owner creed "If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns" You Republicans have that 100% right. Outlawing guns in the US will not prevent criminals from... show more Now don't get me wrong, I AM a Liberal, but I am both pro-life and pro-responsible gun ownership. I COMPLETELY, 100% agree with the gun-owner creed
"If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns"

You Republicans have that 100% right. Outlawing guns in the US will not prevent criminals from getting them one bit.

So why not apply that logic to abortion, too? Outlawing it will not prevent people from getting abortions on bit. So why shouldn't we work on making abortions rarer, whether they are legal or not?

I guess it all boils down to "why" you are pro-life. If you are pro-life because you actually care for the life of the fetus, then you are more worried about abortion being rare. If you are pro-life to punish the mothers who have abortions, you want it to be illegal.