Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Whats the best exercise to burn fat? What machines are good to use at the gym?

I recently joined a new gym, and they wont give me any help or advice until I pay for personally training which I'm not prepared to do.. So, I was wondering if anyone can help me. I know that cardio is good for burning fat, but what types of machines and what workouts are best for burning fat. Thanks .

Thank you very much for all the lovely answers Im very greatful :D

I'm not picking a best answer cause they were all great :)

• YA ..
    Favorite Answer

Jog a mile-a-day on the treadmill at say 6.5-7 mph. If your job is a very inactive one, do two miles/day. That's all. Proper diet will take care of the rest. Too much exercise can be unnecessarily overwhelming. Just stick to that routine, and concentrate on your diet. I lost 60 lbs.

Actually, any exercise is good for burning calories, and the more you sweat, the better. I suggest doing leg extensions, leg curls and leg press. Then followed up by a 20 minute session on the exercise bike. After you work out, your body's matabolism increases for up to 3 days. So by weight lifting you increase your matabolism, as well as burn some calories away with the exercise bike.

I go on the treadmill for an hour at a 15 incline & speed of 3.2 (Sometimes I raise it up & down) I usually burn 1000 calories an hour. Try it, it's worth it. Also, the Arc Trainer burns calories like crazy.

treadmills are good. a slight incline with a good mix of speed. resistance is good for burning fat but it also makes muscle so you'll either maintain or gain weight. the bicylces are also good for that too. you could also try yoga or ball excersizes. google yoga ball exercizes and see what comes up.

you could always do A LOT of walking outside. carry a backpack with all your food and water for a day(on a weekend). with the mix of hot and exercize, you can lose a lot of weight. Diet also has a lot to do with it. so, watch you fat intake. Calories aren't as big of a deal as long as you do enough exercize to compensate.

Eliptical will give you the same workout as a Treadmill, but you won't have the soreness because it's low impact. Also, rowing machines are great for cardio and upper body strength.

Cardio, Cardio, Cardio

I'd say a treadmill and add some incline to the machine for a little resistance

Treadmill or eliptical machine (the one that looks like you're skiing or something).

http://weighttraining.about.com/od/fatlossweighttr...

go online and just type in burning fat there is a lot of info out there for you hope this help and have a good day

try the wii fit. it's really effective. Although the game console and

Wii fit all together is a little expensive, you should consider it.

I'm doing it.

• masturbation works best for me....already lost 5 pounds in a week