Are parents actually supposed to watch their kids soccer games?

My daughter has soccer games every Thursday night, I watched the first one and I feel I was able to ascertain that she sucks at soccer by watching that first game. So for the next few games I have been dropping her off in the parking lot and going to the pub across the street. Honestly it's the only time I... show more My daughter has soccer games every Thursday night, I watched the first one and I feel I was able to ascertain that she sucks at soccer by watching that first game.
So for the next few games I have been dropping her off in the parking lot and going to the pub across the street.
Honestly it's the only time I have away from the hubby and kids. And it's not like I spend any money, in fact just last night I had 7 guys all buy me beers.
But last night I picked my daughter up from the game and the coach comes yelling at me how I am such a horrible parent. She said she sees my car parked at the pub and I should be watching my daughter play instead of sitting at a bar getting all liquored up.
I told her that you see one game, you see them all.
Am I right?