Front Loading washing machine- cubic feet.. CONFUSED!! Please help?

We have a family of five and are looking for a new washing machine. When I was shopping I saw that they are all given cubic feet measurements from 3.2 on up.. I am really confused about what size of washer we need to get. The biggest thing I would ever need to wash is a king size comforter. Please help me!!

• blair
    Favorite Answer

Get the biggest out there.

If your just set on a front loading machine thats one thing, but the Maytag bravo has one of the biggest tubs out there and it is a top loader as well. I have had both and would not have another front loader. If your interested this article talks about some disadvantages.

Disadvantages of a Front Load Washing Machine

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1656755/d...

Check out the Maytag Bravo. I put my daughters King size comforter in there all the time.

Get the biggest machine you can afford. With a family of five, you have your fair share of laundry. With a bigger machine, you will not be washing many loads because these larger machines can hold a lot of clothing in one load, thereby saving your time and also energy costs.

Just be certain your dryer is compatible with the new washer so the whole wash load will dry in one dryer load. Most new washers today will accommodate a King Size comforter. You should not be thinking so much about the biggest item you will be washing as much as how many clothes you can wash at once. One of the High Efficient features includes your time. Good Luck

One of the main factors to consider when buying a washer is capacity. Consider your future needs when purchasing a washer. If your family size will be increasing in the near future, consider a larger-size washer. If you can wash your clothes in a single load, you will save time and energy so look for a larger capacity washer that can handle large items. You may wish to consider a front-loading washer or a model with a wash plate instead of an agitator to free up space in the tub.

Do not rely on the manufacturer's description of "large" or "extra-large"; instead, rely on the cubic foot measurement to compare different models. Compact sizes that wash 8-12 pounds of wash range from 2.5-3.0 cubic feet, and full-size washers can handle 12-16 pounds of laundry and range from 3.0-3.8 cubic feet. Whatever capacity you choose, make sure that your washer's capacity matches your dryer's. This will save you time and energy.

Source(s): best buy
  • Susan

I have had a front loader for 7 years and it does a fantastic job cleaning, I'll never go back. I even have been washing cloth diapers in it for 2 years. You really don't need very much soap, the machine does the work. I only use a few Tablespoons. You can buy the special soap, or just use less of the normal stuff.

• hunter

As a comforter is not a daily laundry item / i would take it to the laundromat, on occasions of need.( they have huge washers and dryers for this need.)

when I'm buying an appliance such as this ( it's not an annual item, more like a car or furnace purchase) I usually ask my friends or neighbor what machine they have, and their satisfaction with the brand, and performance.

When you are not buying an item on a frequent basis, it's difficult to build up a choice format.

As well, they may have done a great deal of research etc.

Laundry days, can be FUN DAYS.

3.0 Cu Ft Front Load Washer

the bigger the number the more clothes per load you can put in the machine

Source(s): p