davec
davec asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Ok liberals. I'll ask it differently. How would you extract information from a prisoner?

This time, try to concentrate and answer the question. Try to refrain from discussing Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, George Bush, etc. I'll get you started.....I would extract the information that I know a prisoner has by_____________________________________________________

Best Answer

Using the magic words . . . "Please" and "Thank-you"

And if that doesn't work, send in Neville Chamberlain. Oh, wait . . . he's dead.

OK, then, send in Hiliary. She'd get a confession out of anybody. Well, except Vince Foster, Ron Brown and . . .

BARBARA OLSON - Author of "Hell to Pay" - a book critical of Hillary Clinton, killed in the Pentagon bombing.

DARLENE NOVINGER - Former FBI operative, January 23rd, 2003. Novinger was known to hold sensitive information on the Clinton and Bush I administration's drug operations. Her husband murdered March 1987 when she went public with initial reports. Her father died July 8, 1993 four hours after Darlene was a guest on the Tom Valentine show. Suffered retaliation after reporting discussions by government protected drug smuggler who described contacts with Vice President George Bush and his son, Jeb Bush.

DAN MULLONEY, a television news photographer who shot footage of the 1993 Branch Davidian siege.

CHARLES RUFF - White House Counsel and Clinton defense attorney during the Monica Lewinsky scandal and the impeachment trial. Of apparent natural causes.

JAMES MCDOUGAL - Clinton's convicted Whitewater partner died of an apparent heart attack, while in solitary confinement. McDougal was a key witness in Kenneth Starr's investigation.

MARY MAHONEY - A former White House intern was murdered July 6, 1997 at a Starbucks Coffee Shop in Georgetown. The murder happened during the pre-trial publicity surrounding the Paula Jones lawsuit days after Newsweek's Mike Isakoff dropped hints that a former White House staffer was about to go public with her story of sexual harassment in the White House.

VINCENT FOSTER - Former White House counselor, and former colleague of Hillary Clinton at Little Rock's Rose law firm. Foster was found dead July 20, 1993 of a gunshot to the head ruled a suicide. Rumours were that Foster and Hillary had an affair.

RON BROWN - Secretary of Commerce and former DNC Chairman. Reported to have died by impact in a plane crash. A pathologist close to the investigation reported to the Bob Grant Radio Show a hole in top of Brown's skull resembling a gunshot wound. At the time of his death Brown was being investigated, and spoke publicly of his willingness to cut a deal with prosecutors.

C. VICTOR RAISER II - Former National finance Co-Chairman, Clinton for President Campaign and son MONTGOMERY RAISER died in a private plane crash in Alaska, July 30th,1992. Raiser was described as a major player in the Clinton organization by Dee Dee Meyers.

JEREMY "MIKE" BOORDA, President Clinton's former Chief of Naval Operations allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself in the chest with a .38 caliber pistol on his front lawn in May 1996. The unauthorized wearing of valor pins was the alleged reasoning behind the suicide. By 1998 this reasoning was proved false after the Navy issued a report that said Boorda earned the right to wear the pins afterall.

PAUL TULLEY - Democrat National Committee Political Director found dead in a hotel room in Little Rock, Arkansas September 24, 1992, Described by Clinton as a "Dear friend and trusted advisor".

ED WILLEY - Clinton fund raiser-found dead November 30, 1993 deep in the woods in Virginia of a gunshot wound to the head. Ruled a suicide, Willey died on the same day his wife Kathleen Willey claimed that Bill Clinton groped her in the oval office in the White House. Ed Willey was involved in several Clinton fund raising events.

JERRY PARKS - Head of Clinton's gubernatorial security team in Little Rock. Gunned down in his car at a deserted intersection outside Little Rock. Parks' son said his father was building a dossier on Clinton. He allegedly threatened to reveal this information. After he died the files were mysteriously removed from his house

JAMES BUNCH - Died from a gunshot wound. Reported to have a black book of people containing names of influential people who visited prostitutes in Texas and Arkansas.

JAMES WILSON - Was found dead by hanging May 18, 1993. Was reported to have ties to Whitewater.

KATHY FERGUSON - Ex-wife of Arkansas Trooper Danny Ferguson died in May,1994 was found dead in her living room with a gunshot wound to her head. It was ruled a suicide even though there were several packed suitcases, as if she was going somewhere. Danny Ferguson was a co-defendant along with Bill Clinton in the Paula Corbin Jones lawsuit. She was reported a possible corroborating witness for Paula Jones case.

BILL SHELTON - Arkansas state Trooper and Fiancee of Kathy Ferguson.Critical of the suicide ruling of his fiancee, he was found dead in June, 1994 of a gunshot wound also ruled a suicide at the grave site of his fiancee.

GANDY BAUGH - Attorney for Clinton friend Dan Lassater died by falling out a window of a tall building January, 1991. His client was a convicted drug distributor.

FLORENCE MARTIN - Accountant subcontractor for the CIA related to the Barry Seal Mena Airport drug smuggling case. Dead of three gunshot wounds.

SUZANNE COLEMAN - Reportedly had an affair with Clinton when he was Arkansas Attorney General. Died of a gunshot wound to back of head, ruled a suicide, was pregnant at the time her death.

PAULA GROBER - Clinton's speech interpreter for the deaf from 1978 until her death December 9, 1992. She died in a one car accident.

DANNY CASOLARO - Investigative reporter, investigating Mena airport and Arkansas Development Finance Authority. Found dead with slit his wrists in the middle of his investigation.

PAUL WILCHER - Attorney investigating corruption at Mena Airport with Casolaro and the 1980 "October Surprise" was found dead on a toilet June 22, 1993 in his Washington DC Apartment. Had delivered report to Janet Reno 3 weeks before his death.

JON PARNELL WALKER - Whitewater Investigator for Resolution Trust Corporation. Fell to his death from his Arlington, Virginia apartment balcony August 15, 1993. Was investigating Morgan Guarantee scandal.

BARBARA WISE - Commerce Department Staffer, worked closely with Ron Brown and John Huang. Cause of death unknown. Died November 29, 1996. Her bruised nude body was found locked in her office at the Department of Commerce.

CHARLES MEISSNER - Assistant Secretary of Commerce who gave John Huang special security clearance, died shortly thereafter in a small plane crash.

DR.STANLEY HEARD - Chair National Chiropractic Heath Care Advisory committee died with his attorney.

STEVE DICKSON - Died in a small plane crash. Heard, in addition to serving on Clinton's advisory council personally treated Clinton's mother, stepfather and brother.

BARRY SEAL - Drug running pilot out of Mena, Arkansas. Death was no accident.

JOHNNY LAWHORN Jr. - Mechanic, found a check made out to Clinton in the trunk of a car left in his repair shop. Died when his car hit a utility pole.

STANLEY MUGGINS - Suicide. Investigated Madison Guarantee. His report was never released.

HERSHELL FRIDAY - Attorney and Clinton fund raiser died March 1, 1994 when his plane exploded.

KEVIN IVES and DON HENRY - Known as "The boys on the track" case. Reports say the boys may have stumbled upon the Mena Arkansas Airport Drug operation. This controversial case where initial report of death was due to falling asleep on railroad track. Later reports claim the two had been slain before being placed on the tracks. Many people linked to the case died (see below) before their testimony could come before a Grand Jury.

THE FOLLOWING SIX PERSONS HAD INFORMATION ON THE IVES/HENRY CASE:

KEITH CONEY - Died when his motorcycle slammed into the back of a truck in July, 1988.

KEITH McMASKLE - Died, stabbed 113 times, November 1988.

GREGORY COLLINS - Died from a gunshot wound, January 1989.

JEFF RHODES - He was shot, mutilated and found burned in a trash dump in April 1989.

JAMES MILAN. Found decapitated-Coroner ruled death due to natural causes.

JORDAN KETTLESON - Was found shot to death in the front seat of his pickup truck in June 1990.

RICHARD WINTERS - Winters was a suspect in the Ives/Henry deaths. Was killed in set-up robbery in July 1989.

THE FOLLOWING FORMER CLINTON BODYGUARDS ARE DEAD:

- MAJOR WILLIAM S. BARKLEY JR.

- CAPTAIN SCOTT J.REYNOLDS

- SGT. BRIAN HANEY

- SGT. TIM SABEL

- MAJOR GENERAL WILLIAM ROBERTSON

- COL. WILLIAM DENSBERGER

- COL. ROBERT KELLY

- SPEC. GARY RHODES

- STEVE WILLIS

- ROBERT WILLIAMS

- CONWAY LeBLEU

- TODD McKEEHAN

And finally, BUDDY, the Presidential Dog, killed when he was struck by a car after having escaped his kennel.

There are all kinds of ways to make them uncomfortable without crossing the line of torture. You can play annoying music at a loud volume. You can make them stand for long periods. Never let them get REM sleep for a couple of nights.

But the best way....good cop / bad cop. Get one interrogator to threaten harm, then have another block the "attack", get to defend the subject, be his pal etc. Give little trinkets that are "against the rules." Many have talked by just pretending to be a friend. Saddam Hussein was one such person.

Let's start with what I wouldn't do: I wouldn't torture a prisoner. Why?

1. Using torture is a fantastic recruiting tool for our enemies.

2. Using torture validates the "right" of our enemies to use torture.

3. Using torture doesn't produce reliable results. Torture someone long enough and they'll admit that they're actually the Easter Bunny.

4. Torture is absolutely, positively, completely and utterly un-American. It is contrary to EVERYTHING that we stand for.

So how to I get my intel from a prisoner?

1. Establish a rapport. Show them that I understand their point of view. Lead them to believe that I'm sympathetic to it (I'm not, but they don't need to know that).

2. Use the tools at my disposal: checking the intel I get from one prisoner against what I'm hearing from others; asking the same questions repeatedly and in different ways; offering perks (better food, more reading materials for instance) in exchange for cooperation.

3. Recognize that a lot of the bad guys are working as bad guys because of other pressure on them. Was the prisoner fighting US forces because the Taliban has threatened to kill his family if he doesn't? Can I rescue his family or provide some aid to them in exchange for his cooperation?

4. Blackmail the prisoner. Once he provides me with anything, threaten to turn him back over to his bad guy buddies as a snitch if he doesn't cooperate further.

5. Provide him a way out: cooperation leads to due process leads to possible eventual release (depending on what bad stuff he's done and the quality of the intel he's provided).

In the ticking time bomb scenario: I do whatever is necessary, including putting a loaded gun to his head, to get the info I need. But then I accept responsibility for my actions - I fall on my sword to protect my fellow soldiers, if that's what is called for. Maybe that ends my career. Maybe it leads to a court-martial. Maybe it leads to a pardon.

I wouldn't bother trying to extract information from somebody who will say anything in order to stay alive. The information will be unreliable at best and dangerously distorted or wrong at worst.

The reason the United States should not torture prisoners is not because it doesn’t work. It is simply because it is wrong. It dehumanizes us, undermines our cause, and, over the long term, breeds more enemies of the United States than coercive interrogation methods will ever allow us to capture.”

- Chris Mackey, who led U.S. Army interrogators in Afghanistan - THE INTERROGATORS Task Force 500 and America’s Secret War Against al Qaeda, by Chris Mackey and Greg Miller (Little, Brown, 2004), page 477

By following the Army Field Manual.

Source(s): yowtrftu
  • linda

I think I'd defer to Taliban, N.Korean,Russian, or German interrogators I

think they know some ways to get information. I think they just ask

real nice, after you have had your afternoon nap, and then you get a sucker, for telling the truth. LMAO

• John R

Injecting him/her with a Virus that is Deadly and to get the Antidote, they could tell me what I wanted to know or they could Die---Like I Give a Crap.

3 hots and a cot along with a defense attorney and ask nicely.Hope for best results.

I do not know, it's not my job, But the FBI does it without torture every single day.

Turning him over to an agency that has trained interrogators.