Why is Jay Leno leaving TV? what is his health problem?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • CJ
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Jay is not leaving TV - his contract for the Tonight Show is up - and beginning on June 1 (I think), he has a new show every night at 10 PM or 9 PM central time. It is to be a comedy show (what else) and he also is going to feature a lot of his cars! As far as I know, there is nothing wrong with Jay's health.

Hope this helps.

CJ

• 1 decade ago

From what I read on the Yahoo news page, Jay Leno's illness is only described as "mild" & he will be back to work on Monday. On May 29th, Jay will leave the Tonight Show, after 17 years. He will however, be back on NBC doing a program in the fall, Mondays through Fridays beginning at 10:00 p.m.

• 1 decade ago

It's sooooooo unfortunate that he's not leaving TV.

His "comedy" isn't very funny. Letterman is much superior.

NBC offered him the 10 pm spot M-F with Conan taking over Leno's current spot.

All that means to me is that I'll no longer have to tape the few 10 pm NBC shows that I like or try to watch and not fall asleep.

With ER gone, that really only leaves Medium so I guess it's actually a benefit to me that I can completely ignore NBC at 10 pm during the week.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He is not leaving. He is doing another show similar to what he did on the Tonight show.

The health issue was mild food poisoning.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

He just went on an hour earlier. I think it's because Dave Letterman always got the Emmy:)

• 1 decade ago

He's NOT leaving TV...he just cancelled his show for a night or so...has some mild food poisoning so his rep says

• Jan
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

He is not leaving T.V He will be on at a different time 10:00 P.M.

• 1 decade ago

I saw it on TV yesterday. He is moving to prime time with a comical

• Dottie
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I don't understand why are you giving Jim hands down? did I miss something or is he just and all around jerk?sorry Jim I just didn't understand why they were giving you thumbs down still don't, You said you are reminding them there are rules but I didn't see were they were breaking rules or for that matter why the thumbs down oh well I give. up.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

he is not leaving -- he just ate some bad food -- can not wait to here how his writers spin this!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.