Why is Jay Leno leaving TV? what is his health problem?

• CJ
    Best Answer

Jay is not leaving TV - his contract for the Tonight Show is up - and beginning on June 1 (I think), he has a new show every night at 10 PM or 9 PM central time. It is to be a comedy show (what else) and he also is going to feature a lot of his cars! As far as I know, there is nothing wrong with Jay's health.

Hope this helps.

CJ

From what I read on the Yahoo news page, Jay Leno's illness is only described as "mild" & he will be back to work on Monday. On May 29th, Jay will leave the Tonight Show, after 17 years. He will however, be back on NBC doing a program in the fall, Mondays through Fridays beginning at 10:00 p.m.

It's sooooooo unfortunate that he's not leaving TV.

His "comedy" isn't very funny. Letterman is much superior.

NBC offered him the 10 pm spot M-F with Conan taking over Leno's current spot.

All that means to me is that I'll no longer have to tape the few 10 pm NBC shows that I like or try to watch and not fall asleep.

With ER gone, that really only leaves Medium so I guess it's actually a benefit to me that I can completely ignore NBC at 10 pm during the week.

He is not leaving. He is doing another show similar to what he did on the Tonight show.

The health issue was mild food poisoning.

He just went on an hour earlier. I think it's because Dave Letterman always got the Emmy:)

He's NOT leaving TV...he just cancelled his show for a night or so...has some mild food poisoning so his rep says

• Jan

He is not leaving T.V He will be on at a different time 10:00 P.M.

I saw it on TV yesterday. He is moving to prime time with a comical

• Dottie

I don't understand why are you giving Jim hands down? did I miss something or is he just and all around jerk?sorry Jim I just didn't understand why they were giving you thumbs down still don't, You said you are reminding them there are rules but I didn't see were they were breaking rules or for that matter why the thumbs down oh well I give. up.

he is not leaving -- he just ate some bad food -- can not wait to here how his writers spin this!!!