Purposely trying to shrink clothes?

Okay, so I bought some clothes from Forever 21, and the sizes were too big, so I'm going to attempt to shrink them. Will this weaken the clothes' "strength?" How much do they shrink?

Best Answer

It wouldn't weaken your clothes' strength.

They shrink little by little, so you have to do it multiple times.

Just put your dryer on the highest point (mine is anti-bacterial), and then dry them and they should shrink for you.

Hope this helps!! (:

Source(s): I shrink my clothes a lot.
  • Tim E

Shrinkage varies greatly by the type of material the garment is made of. Normally polyester shrinks very little, cotton or rayon shrinks more. Usually washing a garment in hot water and drying it on high heat will give you the most shrinkage you can get. You get most of the shrinkage on the first wash but there can be a little bit more for maybe the next two or three washes. None of this will weaken the fabric though.

First of all, why doesn't your mother answer this question? It's kind of a no brainer for moms. Just wash them in hot water and dry them in a hot dryer. The heat should shrink them all over. You can't control where they shrink, they will shrink all over. It's possible they are pre-shrunk in which case they won't shrink any more. Some brands do this and it usually says it on the tags.