How long does it take you to clean your house from top to bottom?

Me? All day and this includes dusting, vacuuming and scrubbing {the whole 9 yards}.

I need to clean my whole house before nine tonight and I can't find the energy to do so : {

I made it at 9:30! yea, thanks everyone. I admit, I didn't clean windows or walls but my house is what I consider clean now.

Favorite Answer

For me, I like to clean in 20 minute intervals. I set a timer and work as fast as I can for those 20 minutes. Then I rest for 20, then clean for another 20 and it goes like that till I get the job done. If I have someone working with me I tend to do the job faster. I poke around too much and get distracted alone.

When I did my spring cleaning it took me a good full day's work to clean each room. I won't leave a single thing unturned. But for a regular house cleaning 2-3 hours can clean my whole house in a regular day-to-day fashion.

My own 3 bedroom apt from ceilings, walls, windows to drapes, floors and everything in between, a whole day.

If I'm doing the basics, not washing walls and windows, just floors and making sure everything is clean (like the bathroom & oven etc) then it will take me about 5 hours.

When I clean other people's houses, doing all of that a 3 floor house can take 3 days for 2 people to do. Makes me want a small house so its easier to clean.

It would take me three days, err, make that a week. I'd need a day in between to rest up.

DH leaves his c*** all over the place so first I have to move all that before I can start cleaning. And by then I'm so disgusted with him I would just as soon not clean.

I have to be in the mood. And the weather has to be right too. Sun shining so I can see the dust bunnies and not too hot.

sigh

9:30 ehh? Not bad.

Well if I start after breakfast, gather all my materials and do a really deep clean including the walls, doors, cabinets, tubs, showers, toilets, counters, beds, laundry, dusting and polishing, toilets, sinks, faucets, sweeping and mopping, mirrors, windows, carpet, organizing, and throwing out trash then...

It would defiantly take me all day as in like 5 or 6 hours. With little breaks in between but not very many.

• Sherry

I had the same thing happen to me with both my children! I woke up one morning and was able to pick out every small and large thing that needed to be cleaned. The doctors call it nesting. You are making sure everything is ready for the baby when it gets home. I went into labor about a week later with my first and with my second I went into labor that same night so it hard to tell when you will go into labor. You will lose your mucus plug first which is a lot of mucus that you will notice also having sex will help you go into labor if you are far enough along. Best of luck to you!

LOL...I am still cleaning my studio from top to bottom and I started in 1999...LOL....Seriously put on some music start dancing, get your household supplies, place them where needed, select a starting point and get started now.......Best of Luck for 9:00.......Blessings

• It would take me 5-7 hours, that includes everything you need to do, and the baseboards, (I am anal!:) Turn the music up loud, computer off, and get to it girl!

My gosh! You must be young! It would take me a week to get started good.

2 months day and night.

AT LEAST TWO WEEKS, FOR EVERYTHING TO BE PERFECTLY 100% CLEAN!