Question about credit cards and credit checks?

Hi, I have a credit card that I use regularily. At the end of each month when the bill comes in I always pay it in full. Last week I put a very large expense on my credit card ($5000 for a vacation). It will not show up on this coming bill (I pay at the end of each month) so this money will stay on my card... show more Hi, I have a credit card that I use regularily. At the end of each month when the bill comes in I always pay it in full. Last week I put a very large expense on my credit card ($5000 for a vacation). It will not show up on this coming bill (I pay at the end of each month) so this money will stay on my card until my statement comes at the end of May. I'm currently also in the market for a mortgage. I'm wondering if having this vacation on my credit card will hurt me in my debt ratio. It's the only 'debt' I have and I intend to pay it off entirely as soon as my statement comes in, but will it be hurting my mortgage and credit scores in the mean time? Should I pay it off imidiately or continue making interest on my money by keeping it in the bank until the money is actually due?
3 answers 3