Laundry Drain problem?

I recently purchased a house. The laundry area is in the kitchen and I would like to move it to the garage and use that area as a breakfast nook. My house is on a raised foundation but the garage is lower than the house. I have no problem with water and the gas line but I am having issues with the washing... show more I recently purchased a house. The laundry area is in the kitchen and I would like to move it to the garage and use that area as a breakfast nook. My house is on a raised foundation but the garage is lower than the house.

I have no problem with water and the gas line but I am having issues with the washing machine drain pipe. I have brought over 2 plumbers and they both have said that it will be very difficult to run the drain to the house’s main drain pipe since the garage is lower the house. They have suggested that the drain just should go into the ground in my back yard. They said they can run a pipe about 20’ from the back of the garage into the yard which will go 2 – 3’ deep. The water will go into the back yard under ground and dissipate.

I am only concerned with cave ins or how it will effect the grass in the back yard?

Has anyone done this and does it sound right to go this rout?