Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Where to get military training?

My bro is really into Military and stuff.

He wants to know how to fight like a soilder, whants to know how to handle guns and to repect people. ALl the stuff military training trains you to do.

BUt the only problem is, he dont want to go to war, or anything involving him to go and get shot.

He just want to be like a soilder.

Is there any place where you could get this kind of training and not go to the Military or Army.

Something Kinda like Military School??

Favorite Answer

Are you putting us on? Really, you want (or your brother wants) to learn all the Rambo stuff, but not go to war?

Do you realize that that sounds absurd and is almost insulting. I was in the military and went through all the rigors of training. I've been to Desert Storm when I was called and I did what I was trained to do.

Stop being so Hollywood about it. It is not that glamorous. It is a serous job and people train for war. That is what the military is about. It is not play or pretend to be a soldier.

Please. You can go to some military school if you want...but if you want the real deal then grow a pair of balls and join and be real about it.

(I'm a girl...and I grew a pair..lol)

Seriously, If you think I'm hard on you, I'm sorry, but I am being real. I am proud of my military training and don't like it to be trivialized. Your question seems to do just that.

• Joyce

I've been a SWAT Head and was in the Army both. The above Ranger pretty much covered it all but I will add one thing. AS a SWAT cop we did do some training with the military to exchange ideas on Hostage Rescue. I went to a school run by the Air Force Military Police. These guys are not in the same league as the Rangers. The big difference was the military guys had what they called acceptable losses. They count on losing a certain # of hostages - Police really try hard not to lose any. On SWAT a room clearance may involve a Flash-Bang, a MP or Ranger will throw in 2 Frag grenades before going in. There is some room for cross training but there are a lot more diffrences in the training than not. BTW, nothing in Basic was similar to SWAT with the exception of lots of target practice.

Military

Well if he's still in school JROTC? ROTC? and if he wants to go to a military college then there is always West Point, the Citadel, The Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy. There are numerous opportunities.

My husband went the Army Reserves when he was still in high school, during the summer he took basic training. Your brother could look in to that if he is still in high school. Depending on the state you are in if you ROTC they send you to basic so you can get your health class and PE class out of the way. If he is not in school any more there is always the National Guard the only thing they really do is hurricane clean up and stuff like that. They stay state side.

Lol they have the military academy but thats for people that actually wanna join the military. Why would you wanna fight like a soldier? They recieve basic hand to hand combat skills, but if you wanna really learn to fight go learn Muay Thai or Brazillian Jiu-Jutsu. As for learning how to shoot a gun just go to a firing range?

Where and how I can get one man army training

South Carolina or San Diego

I agree with everything barbamatt said. Thats a ridiculous statement you got up there. Wants to be like a solider but doesnt wanna go to war or put the time in.

Its mind bottling!

Source(s): My thoughts are trapped in a bottle :P
  • ?

He can try to get into one of the Military Prep Schools such as VMI.