Any suggestions for good fiction novels or books?

hi. I have read The Inheritance Cycle, Harry Potter Series, A series of Unfortunate Events and books by agatha christie.I liked them a lot and enjoyed reading them. can you suggest some more good books and novels in the fiction category?

Favorite Answer

If you enjoy Harry Potter you might like the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin colfer, which are very good, the hero, Artemis is a sort of boy genius who is a thief, and gets mixed up in the world of faeries. They are very good stories with interesting characters and plenty of humour.

You might enjoy Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series, which is set in a sort of parallel universe in which people can go inside books and interact with the characters, who ahve lives of thei rown independent of the stories they feature in. They are very unusual, a bit like Alice in Wonderland for grownups. The first one is The Eyre Affair.

In my opinion there is no other mystery writer who can compare with Agatha Christie, she is simply superb. however, if you enjoy her books you might enjoy other detective stories from the same era, Ngaio Marsh, Margery Allingham, Patricia Wentworth and Dorothy Sayers are all contemporaries of hers who many people enjoy, though personally I think none of them are a patch on Christie. Stuart Palmer's Miss Withers series (The Penguin Pool Murders, the Blackboard Murders etc) are good detective stories featuring a slightly eccentric New York schoolteacher in the 1930s, I enjoyed those very much.

I like the Mrs Pollifax series by Dorothy Gilman, which feature an elderly lady who works as a spy for the CIA, the first one is The Unexpected Mrs Pollifax. The earlier ones are a bit dated now as they are mostly to do with the Cold War, but if you enjoy christie then you won't mind books that are a bit dated.

• blt830

You'd probably also like the Alex Cross series by James Patterson.

Dr. Cross tracks and captures serial killers. He works for the police department and then changes to the FBI.

Sue Grafton does a series with a private detective called Kinsey Milhoune that's easy reading and good. She has A is for Alibi, B is for Burglar, etc.

Patricia Cornwell does a Kay Scarpetta series that's pretty good too. Kay is a forensic pathologist that solves crimes.

I read those authors regularly and they haven't let me down yet.

You definitely need to read the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer.

I beg you too. And The Uglies Series by Scott Westerfeld is absolutely fabulous. Plus, The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. All great suggestions.

I would definitely try these.

Source(s): Book Addict

I suggest 'The Princess Diaries' by Meg Cabot and a stand-alone novel by the same author, called 'Jinx'.

I also recommend a book called 'North Child' by Edith Pattou, and the Wake series by Lisa Mcmann: Wake, Fade, and Gone (2010).

And my final two recommendations, 'The Swan Kingdom' and 'Daughter Of The Flames' both by Zoe Marriott.

If will read these books you will not be disappointed. I certainly was not!

{JYAF}

*Twilight Series

*Confessions of Georgia Nicolson Series

*Diary of a Crush Series

*My Sisters Keeper

*The Kindness of Strangers

*David Pelzer books

*Speak

*Laurie Faria Stolarz's Series

*Jodi Picoult books

*Cut

*Mitch Alubum books

*A Great and Terrible Beauty Triology

*Uglies Series( I think the author is Scott Westerfield or something like that)

*and then there is one that has a pink cover and it has 3 v's on it but i can't think of the title. I know one of the v's is for vegan.

It seems like you like fantasy. I haven't read much, but her are the ones I enjoyed.

Pendragon Series by D. J. MacHale

(There are a bunch of them. I got to the 5th one then got bored. The first few were good though)

Alosha by Christopher Pike

(There are three of them starts with Alosha)

The Keys to the Kingdom Series by Garth Nix.

(There are spposed to be 7 for the weekdays. First is Mister Monday)

the hunger games by suzanne collins

"In the televised event hunger games there can only be ONE winner"

uglies by scott westerfeld

"ugly until age 16 when they'll undergo an operation that will change them into pleasure-seeking "pretties."

City of bones by cassandra clare

"Urban Fantasy Romance with Shadowhunters, Vampires, Werewolves"

I hear theres a great series called "the uglies"