My husband lost his job today and we are supposed to close on our house next week.?

My husband just found out that he is laid off from his job today. We ar supposed to close on our house next week should we or can we still sign the papers on the house? Does the bank take a second look at your financial situation right before you close? We have plenty saved up and will have his unemployment to keep... show more My husband just found out that he is laid off from his job today. We ar supposed to close on our house next week should we or can we still sign the papers on the house? Does the bank take a second look at your financial situation right before you close? We have plenty saved up and will have his unemployment to keep us going for a few months until he finds work, which won't be a problem because he works in a high demand career. I also plan on going back to work.

My main question is, will the bank stop us from getting our home, even though we are just waiting to close?