Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Should a President worry more about the defense of his people OR his own personal standing in the world?

Is Obama more concerned that people like HIM rather than being concerned with the defense of this country?

Best Answer

The answer is obvious - to everyone but Obama, whose response to a 50-minute trashing of America by Nicaragua's Daniel Ortega was, "I'm glad he's not blaming me for that."

In other words, it's OK if you say bad things about my country, just don't say bad things about me.

Does that sound like a leader to you?

Here's NBC's account:

Ortega stepped up and introduced himself to Obama, U.S. officials said. But a short time later, Ortega delivered a blistering 50-minute speech that denounced capitalism and U.S. imperialism as the root of much hemispheric mischief. The address even recalled the 1961 Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba, though Ortega said the new U.S. president could not be held to account for that.

"I'm grateful that President Ortega did not blame me for things that happened when I was three months old," Obama said, to laughter and applause from the other leaders.

Well I dont think he is only worried about his own personal standing in the world. I believe he is concerned about all Americans standing in the world. As President, you have to have balance. Defense of our nation should be number 1, but you also have to be able to talk to other nations and negotiate. You can't just run a country like a Tyrant and not care what any other country thinks of yor country, just because you can. I understand your concern, but you have to keep balance and keep open lines of communication with other countries, who may help the US when we need them. I love Americans, but sometimes our image looked at by other countries has been tarnished. Theres nothing wrong with reaching out and reestablishing our nation as a caring, but Strong Country. Just because your the biggest kid on the block, dont mean you have to beat everbody up and never talk to anyone.

Personal standing is all he has and in his mind I think somehow he equates that to being a leader. Actually, I don't know that he even has personal standing because from what I've seen of comments regarding Obama from the foreign media the consensus seems to be that he is being laughed at as being a fool. I don't think defending his country ever even enters his mind. ...and he's failing at personal standing.

He needs to pull his head out of his rectum and get somethings fast the Taliban are only 65 miles from Islamabad and Pak. has nuclear weapons which are about to fall into Taliban hands and Obama just says so what.

A president should be more concerned with the defense of his people.....but from what I can tell...Our beloved president is far more concerned with other foreigner leaders liking him....or else he wouldn't be kissing their butts and apologizing for Americans....

I think Obama is pretty concerned with this nation as a whole and its standing in the world.

I think Obama feels that by reaching out to other countries he is doing something to make America safer.

That is obvious to all except one man, and he is the president who thinks he is a messiah.

According to this one, he should worry about the Constitutional rights of those with whom we are at war.

You're assuming that Obama considers Americans to be "His people."