Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 1 decade ago

PLEASE HELP...( 10 PTS BEST ANSWER)?

Its not that long, but please read, Im REALLY scared!!! :

OK..so i started searching urban legends and was curious about bloody mary!!!...I'm only thirteen, and I know it might not be true, and I wasen't really scared, because I thought she would only come to get you if you went and did what you had to in the bathroom ( you know, spin around three times, turn on the tap, write bloody mary in something red and say her name three times while spinning)...but then I read that if your near a mirror,in your bedroom at night with the lights of, and even if you dont want to, she can come....I'M REALLY SCARED NOW...COZ I HAVE A HUGE MIRROR RIGHT NEXT TO MY BED!!! ) (sob) Im soo scared and ever sinse then, I plead with my parents not to turn off the light, and from then my mother has slept with me. I know this sounds childish, but im REALLY scared..and I'm even scared to shower after today because today I read that she might turn the water in to blood...PLEASE IF U HAVE ANY ADVICE OR ANYTHING THAT WILL HELP ME, WRITE IT, AND AS A REPAY I'LL GIVE U 10 PTS...THANKS FOR EVERYONE WHO GIVES ADVICE!!! :'(

Favorite Answer

Here's a chance to redeem myself after I scared my older brother by doing Bloody Mary in his bathroom . :)

Hon, it really is an Urban legend. alot of things in this world are true, but this is not one of them. It comes from an english woman who used to bathe in the blood of virgins to keep herself useful, and over the years (well, decades) kids have twisted it until it became the current legend. There's really nothing to be afraid of.

But, if your still scared, try drinking something warm before you go to bed, or even move the mirror.

Remember, fear is irrational. Ask yourself what your afraid of. Then answer truthfully. :) Good luck sweetie. ♥

Oh poor baby. It's ok. I promise I've done the same when I was your age and I can promise you everything is going to be ok.I've must've done this several times with excitement to see if she would come, but she never did and I was sincerely disappointed.

I'm not sure that the man's previous answer with someone soaking in the blood of virgins is quite true. I do believe that the legend comes from Queen Mary I. She reigned from 1553-1558.and had gained that nickname after burning over 300 Protestants at the stake, trying to reestablish Roman Catholicism in England.

The legend of Bloody Mary has changed over hundreds of years. The original telling of the story is that Bloody Mary was a mother who either killed her children or was accused of killing them. It’s said that she went mad (crazy) from grief and couldn’t stand being accused of such a horrible thing.

According to the stories, she was judged innocent by the court and allowed to go on with her life. She returned to her home where her children’s blood stained the floor and lived a lonely life, mourning the loss of their lives. It’s said the even though the court found her innocent the towns’ people did not and would always call her Bloody Mary. Should she encounter a group of children they would swarm around here and chant Bloody Mary until Mary was able to escape.

Supposedly a string of murders started in the town, but no one knew who the killer was. Well, it was Bloody Mary and she was killing those who harmed children.

One night it’s said she was at the house of a farmer whose child always has bruises and cuts from being hit and abused. She was there to kill the father and in the process the mother crushed Bloody Mary under the weight of a falling mirror. As Mary died the mother mockingly told her that her husband was a wimp, and not worth his flesh. That it was her who was beating her own child. Well this enraged Mary who tried to push the mirror off of her to get at the mother. But as she pushed the glass shattered killing Mary. Her blood filled the empty mirror frame and stained the broken glass, forever trapping her anger in mirrors.

So according to all the legends and folklore I’ve heard anyone can summon Bloody Mary, but she will only attack those who wish harm to children, in her never ending hunt to avenge her children’s brutal deaths.

So don’t go attacking kids and you should be fine…

I know covering mirrors with black fabric is said to keep spirits/demons/ghosts from passing through them…

Hope this helps,

-Pandora-

Thats the oldest dated legend i could find on Bloody Mary. According to the book this version dates back to 1893. Don’t know how accurate it is, but maybe it will help you sleep better.

OH hunny please don't be scared!! None of this is true! Believe me when I was younger I did bloody Mary in the bathroom mirror thing and she never came! This was years and years ago and I have a big mirror in my room and she has never come! It is all FAKE things people write just to make people scared. Stop looking up things like this if you cant deal with it. You are torturing yourself

I am really close 2 being thirteen and I have the same problem I cant shower if the bathroom door is not widely open I can hear my family talking. I always sleep with my feet covered even if i have 2 stand the heat.

You can rest easy at night because its not true. Just something people came up with to scare people. A friend of mine did the thing and nothing happened. She's long dead and not gonna come back for anyone.

• Lori J

Bloody Mary is simply what you called it an Urban legend, nothing more. Relax.

• Pamela

Ben Stiller = A Night at the Museum Adam Sandler = Bedtime Stories No.they are two different guy.. i found my info on Internet movie database

if bloody mary is a demon and the thing you say is a spell, it sounds to me like she comes thru a mirror, so take the mirror out of your room, on a light note, the kids I talked ot said you had to plush the toliet in the ritual/spell, so I just laughed, plush a toliet, come on now. (example, the mirror becomes like a quiga board and this is how the spell works. just remove the mirror or brake it or even burn it, you will be fine.

Bloody Mary isn't real. The actual "Bloody Mary" was some lady in England who would bath in the blood of virgin girls, believing it would make her youthful again. But she's long dead, so don't worry.