Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

What do other states think of Arkansas?

I have lived in Arkansas all of my life and I have always wondered how the rest of the states perceive us. I know that some people who live here are true embarrassments and I have no problem laughing along with jokes about the dirty south. But what do other people think? Especially those from more northern states.

Favorite Answer

I lived up near the Northern part and the country was beautiful the fishing wonderful. Middle and lower Arkansas has more tourist attractions (Hope the birthplace of President Clinton). So far as actual opinions I think like Tennessee most people think of hillbillies who marry their own relatives, below average. They are very wrong, I loved it there and only moved because of family crisis....It is like any States if you have not lived there do not judge it, it has some magnificent people and scenery...thank you

I moved to Arkansas from Oregon last June and I can tell you it is a very lovely state but aside from the occasional trailer trash it is actually a pretty nice state. In my honest opinion and looking at the mentality of the smaller town residents it would be nice to find people not so closed minded and ignorant. But then again that seems to be in every race and culture as well.

Other states don't think of Arkansas..its like it doesn't exist..