Captain and 1st Officer of Nellie Carter Shipwreck 1906 Nova Scotia?

Was Alfred Mills on the Boat and was there loss of life?

Favorite Answer

"Hi"...I did a quick "Yahoo" search and got one "Nellie Carter" site...as follows.......

http://www.wrecksite.eu/wreck.aspx?35750

I also found someone else who is trying to get info on a relative of Captain "Alfred Charles Mills" of the Nellie Carter as follows ........

http://74.6.146.127/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&p=Alfred...

I copied and pasted the paragraph as follows.....

................................................................................................

Wife Mary Mills 1850 Ca

Dau Mry Mills 1870 Ca

Dau Louisa Mills Ca

Son Alfred Charles Mills 1876 Ca (HERE HE IS )

Son Frank R Mills 1879 Ca

All the California births were in Santa Clara County. Alfred Mills was Captain of the Schooner

Nellie Carter which was stranded off Nova Scocia 30 August 1906. I don't know if he was on the boat at

that time.

Here is the problem, Mary Mills name was Alviso. It is recorded in the family bible as

Maria Narcisa Alviso Mills. Since marrying outside the faith was not popular she was not

buried in the cemetery with the others in the family. One census list her middle name as M. Whatever

family of Alvisos it was had some kind of large land grant. My mother said at one time there was

possibly a bandit in the history but I don't know about that. I do know having discussed with my Grandfather

and Uncle many times that she was an Alviso. As to where she is buried, I know it was in Santa Clara County

someplace. Any help would be appreciated. Excuse my spelling as at 80 my eyes are not so good.

[Earl A Fowlkes (nonmember), Mt. Holly, N.C.] 704-822-0441 blueox6@yahoo.com

Pregunta 552 - 3 April 2009

..........................................................

At least you can trace him perhaps through his birthplace which is listed above !

Good luck and glad to help ! *S* (Michael C...)