Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

For those who have attempted suicide,reasons not to do it.?

So in hindsight,what are some reasons not to do it?Why do you regret your suicide attempt?

Favorite Answer

a long time ago everything in my life fell apart: my relationship with a childhood sweetheart, my only sister moved to connecticut with her sociopath husband (ex now) my parents divorced and they left me to live on my own (my mom had surgery and was on medication and not acting like herself). anyways, i took a bunch of pills and blacked out. apparently i didn't do it right cuz i woke up the next day, kind of funny in retrospect. anyways, as i started blacking out and thought it was the end, i immediately saw my mom freaking out from finding me all dead, and it seemed selfish. i also thought about how my relationship had just started ( i did this at 18 and never dated anyone until then) and i realized i had a lot to live for. i started feeling depressed recently too, but i don't think suicide is a good option. if you aren't successful at it, you will be disfigured or messed up somehow. and try and put yourself in your friends and family's shoes and how they will have to deal with it. somebody out there loves you, and you are special to them, even if it doesn't feel like it. sometimes you just have to suck it up and ask people to talk to you, because people aren't mind readers, and think of how guilty they will feel thinking they didn't even have a chance to try and help you? i just bust out crying to my parents at my nephew's birthday party (still divorced which made it harder) and it actually felt good even though people were looking at me like i was insane (this was at a place called mr. biggs that's like chuck-e cheeze's for god's sake) and everyone wanted to help out. do what you have to-to get help, i don't want you to commit suicide. my husband tried and almost succeeded in high school, and he hates thinking about how his parents were so upset. if you need to talk, just e-mail me. i am depressed too, but just stick it out okay. my ninja spirit is with you!

I've never attempted suicide, but those who would even consider doing it don't realize that they're throwing their whole life away. They've got so much to live for, and just because things aren't going so great at the time is no reason for someone to take their own life. It's selfish to themselves and to those around them. There's years and years of fun and great life ahead. Why throw it all away?

I've had two friends commit suicide, and it doesn't solve anything, believe me.

i have never attempted suicide but i still don't want anyone else to. ok here are some reasons: Because whether you know or not there is someone out there who loves you more than anything, and if something happened to you, they could get REALLY hurt, and you still have your whole life ahead of you! who knows what amazing things could happen!!, and have you ever thought that out of everything you could have been, bird, cat, dog, pig, ant, worm, elephant etc. that you were a human and you need to take advantage of that and change the world. there are so many wonderful things in life and to just take it away like that, is horrifying to me.

because one day you will look back at the time and you can't believe how low you where, and you regret it. usually suicide attempts don't work, doctors, family, and friends look at you differently.

The pain and confusion that you will leave with the people who care about you.

the biggest reason is just because it is not worth it

It's because I realized I didn't have to be the person I hated and wanted to have die. I regret that I ever was a person who would allow myself to get into such a low, dark and deadly pit. I was hurt, I was hurting other people. I tried and it hurt more, it didn't help.

Thankfully, I did get help, I was stupid before-- but I was able to make the turn around and actually be the real satisfied person today. It wasn't easy, but it was worth it.

I still have an entire life to live. I'm only 18. If I were to kill myself I would never know what I could have been. My family was also a factor. How would my parents ever be able to live with my death. It would have made them very sad, and seeing them sad makes me sad. Last factor: What in the world can you do when you're dead? Answer: Nothing!!!

i haven't commited suicide but i am suicidal and wish i would every day. i have my reasons for not tho which is what i want to share with you. my grandfather passed away on us almost a year ago. i was a wreck and so was my mom. neither of us has gotten over it (he was a second father to me) and seeing the way his death destroyed her i couldn't do that to her (she's my best friend and litterally right now my life). also my 4 year old brother can't remember my grandfather and that makes my stomach turn, that we have to show him home video's to remind him of who his amazing grandfather was. i don't want that. i don't want him to completely forget me. also i have a 2 month old sister who i can't leave. both her and my 4 year old brother (huge gap between us btw) i can't leave them now, i want to see how they turn out, i want to help them in their life. so basically for me it's people that keep me here. and my best friend and my boyfriend. but when my pain comes on too strongly they can't help me no matter how hard they try. i go for a walk, splash through the creek, dance in the fall leaves, or roll around in the grass. you need to find something, anything even little that you love (or even just sorta like) and focus everything on that to help you. and also God will watch over you...there are days and even weeks where i get so angry for letting me hurt this way and for not helping me, but he's trying and i'm just not letting him. he's trying to pick me up but i'm so angry that i'm not opening up enough for him to show me the light. it could be the same for you.

i have never attempted to kill myself,but i had plenty of thoughts and plans. i had just started therapy last year and was on a new medicine,and had a lot of thoughts. i panicked and called my therapist the next day and was told it wasn't the medicine,it was my mind clearing up from severe depression. i had to have my husband hide my medicine bottle,because i planned to take them all at once,and then the razors and knives were put away where i couldn't find them.

i actually held a knife and a razor to my wrists and imagined cutting

myself open and ending all the pain i was carrying,but both of those times,i thought of God,and how he would hate me and give up on me and let me rot in hell. the bible says that suicide victims go to hell when they die,and i didn't want my soul to stray from God. i prayed

to him to help me and give me protection and give me love. whenever

i have those bad thoughts,which despite therapy and medicine,still happen occasionally,i pray to God and ask him for help.

only God can decide when our time is up to join him in heaven,and God also knows his plans for all his children.God knows what people can handle and i use my experience to help people. you are worthy

to God and your friends and family,just ask God for help.

also,i think suicide is selfish,and i couldn't do that to my husband who loves me more than his life,and my friends and family.

Well, it hurt like hell. I ended up getting such debilitating stomach pains (Cocktail of cleaners, etc.) I couldn't even move. Plus, it really puts you in a different light to most people. They tend to judge you for it, think of you as a weaker person. It also makes you ashamed of yourself. The second you realize what you are doing, you are overcome with the most horrible sense of failure.

think about the people you will leave behind. a kid at my school recently committed suicide and everyone that was close to him was a wreck. one even tried committing suicide because he thought he was somewhat responsible; another thought about it. the funny thing about this was that the kid tried to kill himself before but afterward told someone to never let him do anything stupid like that again.