How do Republicans feel about the Department of Homeland Security now?

Update 2:

The United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is a Cabinet department of the United States federal government with the primary responsibilities of protecting the territory of the U.S. from terrorist attacks and responding to natural disasters.

Update 3:

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano ROCKS!

Update 4:

Your boy Bush created it.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hardly anything has changed, but they're pretty upset about it. ∠°)

• 1 decade ago

oh they are allways playing the victim, look at how many felt they were being singled out.

Has anybody been watching c-span or even this group, they feel threatened that their guns will be taken away and when they are sure they can have their guns they feel threatened again.

Now they want to make soldiers feel isolated and say that the democrats have some clandestine war against them.

Many on this group even felt they were a direct target, that is paranoid thinking but the problem many acted like that.

they are told all the time that they are under attack, look at Rush under clinton, 629th. day under seige, and the war on christmas, those are the same techniques hate groups use, like the mexicans are taking your jobs or the blacks get your hard earned money from democrats for welfare.

they need to group up and grab some courage.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Fence off Canada now...

In fact -- lets just build a Dome over the 48 states -- Alaska and Hawaii will have to fend for themselves.

DHS is another bureaucratic wing to our defense department. Napolitano is slightly loony.

Farmers from California went to talk to her about the water crisis and compromised food supply produced domestically. They took a fish in a fish bowl with plastic wrap over the top so it wouldn't spill and asked her if a fish is more important than human life as some towns are facing 50% unemployment. (The pumps delivering water are shut down b/c of the Delta Smelt - a small fish on the endangered species act that lives in the Delta where Central/Southern California's water originates). Her response? "Can you please remove the plastic wrap from the top of the bowl so the fish can breathe".

So much for "the people".

• 1 decade ago

Like anyone else whose party has failed them-- upset about the way things are run, but determined not to let the ball of responsibility roll into the court of the opposing party.

1.2 Trillion Dollars... phew. Not to mention Katrina refugees who still have not found permanent housing.

See how much cooler that was than the tactic of flinging slime at the scapegoats? (I read that someone actually /used/ the word slime up there.) From what I've seen, we use more civil language with /nations that we consider our enemies/ than we use on these forums.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Didn't it ever occur to the republican base that while Cheney consolidated power into the executive branch and the GOP pushed the Patriot Act through congress, that one day they would lose power and the democrats would acquire it?

I guess their lack of foresight is just another thing they are kicking themselves in the butt about.

• Eric M
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

What Dept. of Homeland Security?

• Bobbi
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It's scary to see that Americans are now the 'security threat', all the while illegals are coddled and given jobs. I can't wait to vote Obama OUT.

Source(s): (clarification: white, blue-eyed blonde hair Christian right wingers, along with our veterens. all now considered possible threats) gee , and I thought liberals were a threat.
  • 1 decade ago

Janet Napolitano is a disgrace.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I liked it until the slimy liberals became in charge of it. It will take years to repair the damage the libs will cause it for the next 4 years.

• 1 decade ago

I imagine the same way they felt when it ws created, let's see what they do when the security is grossly breached and there is a fatal attack on the homeland.

• 1 decade ago

Sucks azz and is, under Obaama unnecessary.

FEMA does what you described.

Napolitano is one screw away from labeling Miss California an extremist.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.