Regarding the Confederate Flag?

Why do people condemn the Confederate Flag when it is used, (mis-used), by racist? These same racist fly the US flag don't consider that flag to be racist. The US flag flew over slavery much longer than the Confederate flag did. The Confederate Soldiers were American soldiers, (declared so by Congress).
Update: To Archengl, I understand and appreciate your reply, but I believe it to be a little misguided. Thanks but I think I will keep my flag and let you keep yours. We obviously have two very different views on exactly what constitutes "patriotism" and suppose we will just have to leave it with that. Also,... show more To Archengl, I understand and appreciate your reply, but I believe it to be a little misguided. Thanks but I think I will keep my flag and let you keep yours. We obviously have two very different views on exactly what constitutes "patriotism" and suppose we will just have to leave it with that.
Also, If I may point out, being from the South does in no way make you a Southerner. Not that that is bad, it just doesn't make you a Southerner anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car.
1 answer 1